Downgrade from 8.1.4 to 7.3.6

Hi All,
I don’t like Firmware version 8.1.4 and would like to downgrade from this to 7.3.6.
I have tried to do this in version 1.1 of CNUT and it looks like it is working, says completed successfully, but the radio still has 8.1.4.
Has anyone been able to successfully do this and what method are they using.
I have 1 AP and 1 SM that originally had 7.3.6 and were upgraded, so they did have the older software originally.

icemannz wrote:
Hi All,
I don't like Firmware version 8.1.4 and would like to downgrade from this to 7.3.6.
I have tried to do this in version 1.1 of CNUT and it looks like it is working, says completed successfully, but the radio still has 8.1.4.
Has anyone been able to successfully do this and what method are they using.
I have 1 AP and 1 SM that originally had 7.3.6 and were upgraded, so they did have the older software originally.

I have upgraded and downgraded a P9 900MHz AP and two SMs several times over the last month.

However I used (and was under the impression you have no choice when v8 software is involved) CNUT v2.2 and the 7.3.6 , 7.2.9, 8.1.4 and 8.1.5.1 packages made for CNUT v2.2 ( the package names end with .pkg2)

I have also noticed on several occasions when there was a problem upgrading that the last message in CNUT says the upgrade/downgrade was successful but if you look at the messages above it there was always one indicating one of the steps failed.

Solved,
You were right, CNUT2 does the job

Just to confirm, I found that I had to make sure that 7.3.6 was the only SM/AP/BH package selected, by default CNUT will always take the latest package.

–SDH

you should start getting used to v8 because p10 radio will come with v8 installed and there’s no way of downgrading it.

are there still not stability issues… I am waiting to upgrade… anyway the V8 SM will register to 7.3.6 AP’s… although not recommended…

We have not had any issues with 8.1.5.1 running on our backhauls.

Have anyone can downgrade v8.1.4 to v7.3.6 ?
cause my AP still v7 and the platform harware is 8
can it succefull to downgrade

charles.regan wrote:
you should start getting used to v8 because p10 radio will come with v8 installed and there's no way of downgrading it.

Is that true that p10 with v8 can not downgrading to v7 ?

It’s true.