Elevate - Ethernet Port

Elevated a PB400. Customer hasn't paid their bill, so we turned off ethernet port. However, customer is still able to pass traffic. Any ideas?

Hardware Version

ePMP Elevate PBE-M5-400-XW

Software Version

Firmware Version

U-Boot 1.1.4-s958 (Jun 10 2015 - 10:56:20)

Hi,

Unfortunately it is one of known issues in 3.5 Release. Looks like only PBE radios M2 and M5 are affected.
Issue is scheduled to be fixed in 3.6 Release.
Firewall rules which blocks traffic from LAN can be used as workaround.

Thank you.

Is this still on track to be resolved in 3.6? I'm asking for someone that posted this issue in the Cambium users forum on FaceBook.

Hi Eric,

It is already resolved in 3.6 branch.

We can try to push fix into 3.5.2 Release.

I will keep you updated.

Thank you.

This is frustrating to find out about. We also use this method to disconnect customers for non-pay. We're going through all our Elevate subs now who we thought we turned off and we've already found a few who have continued to use service since February for free without paying. 

Please get this fixed in 3.5.2 if you can.

Thank you

We are doing our best to introduce fix in 3.5.2.
We would be grateful if you could let us know affected hardware type.

ePMP Elevate PBE-M5-400-XW

Thank you.
This one is already in the list.

Thank you.

Ouch, glad I came check this on the forum. Had an outage and 3-4 people who we shut off for non payment were still working. One got lippy with my tech support staff so I set the jerk to QOS level 0. He can enjoy the 124k up and down, plus a service call because it will be real slow to access lol

2 Likes

This issue has been fixed in Beta Release 3.5.2-RC15: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-Beta/ePMP-Beta-Release-3-5-2-RC15-is-now-available/m-p/87293#M1005

1 Like