Enabling dns proxy in routing & dns stops the AP resolving names for itself (clients are fine)

Hi,

have an e500 ap on 3.8-r3 with a fixed IP and manually set gateway and nameservers.

if I select (tick the box in the GUI) "DNS Proxy" the AP itself stops resolving names. It will ping the nameservers and anything else by IP but nothing by name, so the NTP settings then stop working as it cannot resolve the NTP servers.

if i connect to the cli and ping by name nothing resolves. If i unselect "DNS Proxy" the name resolution from the AP works fine.

@grizlyadams wrote:

Hi,

have an e500 ap on 3.8-r3 with a fixed IP and manually set gateway and nameservers.

if I select (tick the box in the GUI) "DNS Proxy" the AP itself stops resolving names. It will ping the nameservers and anything else by IP but nothing by name, so the NTP settings then stop working as it cannot resolve the NTP servers.

if i connect to the cli and ping by name nothing resolves. If i unselect "DNS Proxy" the name resolution from the AP works fine.

We are checking out the issue in our lab, will update shortly. thanks.

@firefly wrote:

@grizlyadams wrote:

Hi,

We are checking out the issue in our lab, will update shortly. thanks.

We are able to reproduce the issue. Will get back on a timeline with a fix.

Is this issues fixed in 3.9 firmware release?

in 3.9-r3 DNS Proxy works.