Enabling Maestro alarms to actually SMS or Email alarms?

Cambium is a equipment vendor, they are not selling monitoring software...

CN Maestro is good for statistics recopilation, you will be able to see things, troubleshoot easier; but is not a monitoring sofware. There are outhere some free software like dude to have alarms.

2 Likes

I attending Cambium seminar yesterday.

I have the same questions

I ask whether cnMaestro can send sms directly without using SMS gateway, because with SMS Gateway, we need to pay for that.

The presenter said need to check.

I have proposal to Cambium

1. why not send sms using modem like Mikrotik did

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Tools/Sms

2. I want to send notification email using gmail smtps, because most of the time user seldom have their own email server on site.

To overcome that I need to use gmail as my smtp server

This what I did using Mikrotik

https://nbctcp.wordpress.com/2016/03/10/backup-mikrotik-config-to-email/

How to do that in cnMaestro

tq

Dear Cambium,

Could you kindly advise on the date when you intend to enable Email notifications which we were promised will be included in cnMaestro 2.0 , which was to be released at beginning of November 2018?

They've been promising this for over 2 years. I don't get it. Vote with your wallet and discontinue purchasing Cambium product until they fix it.

I will be happy to pay for a third party SMS gateway of my choice, some Backhaul PTP links and some PTMP AP's are a priority, and if I have to pay its ok, I expect Cambium roll out this feature, also email notifications using a SMTP server of my choice, 

Any way,,,,happy new year 2019 to all.

There is an idea submitted regarding emails and SMS (multiple actually).  Recently Matt posted that the feature is in  development, but no update on when it might be released:  

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Your-Ideas/CnMaestro-e-mail-or-text-alerts/idi-p/66134

Well, it has now been over three years since this was requested, and over two years since they said they were going to add it, I believe. They have been promising for a long time!!! They have not shown me any reason to believe they will add it anytime in the future. I am done with it. We are no longer buying any cambium products unless we have to in order to expand or repair an existing network.

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET!!! It's the only language big business understands.

We have released cnMaesto On-Premises 2.1.0 today with email notification support.

Please check the release notes https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnmaestro/ 

The community announcement link is http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/cnMaestro-2-1-0-On-Premises/m-p/98194

Rupam

That's great. What about the cloud version? That's what we use.

Cloud version we will start rolling in next 2 weeks and it can take a month to update all the regions (APAC, EU and US).

Rupam

Has roll out to cloud version begun? If so, I haven't seen it. What should we look for to know when it is available.

@tallmand wrote:

Has roll out to cloud version begun? If so, I haven't seen it. What should we look for to know when it is available.

you can look at the bottom of the screen on cnMaestro at the Version # to see if it's changed to 2.1.0

It's still on Version 1.6.3-r26. It's unfortunate that Cambium keeps on making promises but not fulfilling. This discouarages existing customers from continuing to buy their hardware. 

"I ask whether cnMaestro can send sms directly without using SMS gateway, because with SMS Gateway, we need to pay for that.

The presenter said need to check."

Maybe SMS doesn't work in other places the way it does in US or maybe, and most likely, I don't understand some advantage of being able to do SMS.  So, just curious why ability to send SMS is needed when you can just send an email to cell-phone-number@cellphone-provider.com  and it is received as an SMS.  What am I missing ?

Hi tallmand -- this release is imminent. Some accounts will be transitioned this weekend, and the remainder next week. We will provide a notification in the UI when the time nears.

Hi brubble1 -- just wanted to be clear the alarms in 2.1 are Email only (not SMS).

Hello, Nothing in cloud yet? I have a complaint from a client asking why I did not notify him about his link down, and why did he have to notify me instead of me notifying him, he also have asked why if i am not supposed to have a monitoring system which i said yes I do have one but is not working as expected, anyway I have been working with Xirrus which make a good job on notifications but we have installed several networks with cambium and now we are in trouble without this feature.

When it is going to be available?

I am just in time for not increasing my problems in my network.

Have somebody seen this???

Is it possible???

I'm holding my breath...

Hello Rpb, there was an update to the cnMaestro cloud, can you please let me know if this feature is enabled and where can I find it.

Thank you in advance.

Hi NetBrowser -- you can access it at Application > Settings > Notifications.

1 Like