ePMP 1000 feature for PPPoE - idle timeout

Hi,

For a short period of time i became a Cambium user in Romania and currently thanks to very good results that i have with these equipments i decided to change the entire network from ubiquiti / mikrotik to cambium ePMP 1000.

Everything was ok until i started to test the possibility of using SM's as routers for my clients and therefore using PPPoE as the wan connection solution.

Due to already exhausted resources of ipv4 address i tried to activate the idle timeout for pppoe client, but unfortunately i have'nt found how to do it or if it's available on these devices.

My only thoughts regarding this feature is to maximize the usage efficiency per user.

Is this feature already available or can be added to a todo list for the near firmware upgrades ?

Looking forward for an answer from you,

Best Regards,

Andrei

Hello,

If I understand your question correctly,  are you looking for functionality that would disconnect the PPPoE session if the link is idle and restore it once activity in the link is detected? If so, the PPPoE client functionality in the ePMP subscriber module does not support that functionality. The PPPoE client in ePMP is designed to maintain the PPPoE session as long as the wireless link with the AP is established.

Regards

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your fast response, that's the ideea , you figured it out right, but can you tell me if there is any chance to add this functionality to pppoe client, even like an option that those who need it just have to enable it ?

Best Regards,

Andrei

Hello,

You can always request this feature in the Idea section of the forum (http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/Your-Ideas/idb-p/Ideas) to be considered for a future release.

Regards

1 Like