Epmp 1000 Order In

Well, I finally got my epmp 1000 2.4 ghz order in and took advantage of the buy 2 ap's get one free. The gear should be here soon and then up on the tower within a week or so. Good by to UBNT Gear for 3 of the 4 sectors. the last sector will be replace at a later date. My network will soon consist of 4 450i 900 aps and 4 epmp 2.4 aps each at 90 degrees and 2.4 on top of the pole and 450i undeath that, I only have about 12 inches of vertical separation between the 2.4 and 900 on each pole  but I dont see any issues with this does ayone else.? each pole is about 4 ft away from each other horizontally

2 Likes

@pgator17 wrote:

I only have about 12 inches of vertical separation between the 2.4 and 900 on each pole  but I dont see any issues with this does ayone else.? each pole is about 4 ft away from each other horizontally

Hi pgator17, I don't see any issues with this deployment. Hopefully other community members will chime in as well. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

as long as the antennas are a similar distance out from the pole you will be good!

the one remaining UBNT AP, if the cambiums hear it very loudly, you may experince some ILL effects from it FYI.  gps sync helps a ton with co-band noise and the UBNT radio may end up being a thorn in your side, so expect more performance from the epmp once that last UBNT is gone.

if you put the cambiums and UBNT on opposite ends of the spectrum and turn on GPS for the EPMP you'll be in good shape. 

channels 11 and 8 using FTB sync @ 10mhz and the ubnt at channel1, you'll be pretty good but likely get a little co-band noise from the UBNT.    we've done that change a few times mixing radio,, it worked, but works a lot better without UBNT there.

1 Like