epmp 2000 5.8 eirp

Forgive me if this is a dumb question.  I have an epmp 2000 AP that is listing max eirp in 5.8 as 36.  It should be higher.. correct?  I am running 3.4.1, I went back to 3.4 and it is the same.  I had issues with this AP locking up when trying to switch back to AP mode after running in Spectrum Scan mode.  Ended up going on site and could not reset to default using the power cycle sequence, had to manually push reset on the bottom of radio.  Wondering if it is related or a bug??  

Hi Doug,

In the US, the FCC mandates that 5.8 is limited to 36 EIRP for a point-to-multipoint transmitter. The higher limit applies to point-to-point transmitters. This is why you see 36 in the ePMP 2000 AP.

Regarding the inability to go back to AP mode from SA mode, it’s a known bug. The workaround is to go from SA to SM mode and then to AP. I apologize for the trouble this has caused you.

Also, no question is a dumb question on this community.

Thanks,
Sriram

1 Like

thank you for the info.  I didn't lose access to the AP until I did switch it to SM mode.  When changing from Spectrum Scan mode to AP, it just wouldn't apply, never lost access to it.

@Doug Heberlee wrote:

I didn't lose access to the AP until I did switch it to SM mode.  When changing from Spectrum Scan mode to AP, it just wouldn't apply, never lost access to it.

Did you have a static IP set on the AP or was it DHCP. If its was DHCP, then the SM falls back to 192.168.0.2 as its IP (vs. 192.168.0.1 for the AP). And regardless of the IP settting or mode, the radio is always accessible at 169.254.1.1 on the ethernet interface. 

It does have a static IP set in it.  I also did try 192.168.0.1 & 2.  I wireshark'ed the interface as well, didn't have anything except what must have been the cnMaestro info transmitting, opened up that and it was showing original IP in there.