ePMP 2000 and beamforming questions

I understand that, I'm trying to figure out how customers can vary from -17 to 30 degrees vertically, and why there appears to be no correlation between customer distance from AP and the vertical angle.

In ordinary circumstances with fairly flat geography - as this AP serves - I would expect more distant SMs to be consistently higher angles.

For a sector 250ft up a tower with about 5 degrees downtilt I can't see how there can be a 45+ degree variance in vertical, customers are all between 1 and 8 miles from the tower.

j

1 Like

Both values displayed in Selected Antenna field for Smart Antenna indicates azimuth angle only.

V - indicates azimuth angle for Vertical polarization.

H - indicates azimuth angle for Horizontal polarization.

So you just see that azimuth angles for Vertical polarization vary from -17 to 30 degrees.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks, makes sense now.

j

@Fedor wrote:

Both values displayed in Selected Antenna field for Smart Antenna indicates azimuth angle only.

V - indicates azimuth angle for Vertical polarization.

H - indicates azimuth angle for Horizontal polarization.

So you just see that azimuth angles for Vertical polarization vary from -17 to 30 degrees.

Thank you.

@Fedor

Is it better to mount the smart antenna directly to the sector antenna so down tilt are identical on both antennas?  Or, is it better to mount the smart sector seperately so you can adjust the downtilts as needed?

It is recommended to use integrated with Sector Antenna mountings.

But you can mount it separately as well.

Thank you.

1 Like