ePMP 2000 and F200 5 Ghz

As near as I can gather from what I've seen & heard, the second antenna is a 'steerable' high gain, narrow beam antenna. Also, as near as I can gather, it's totally compatible with the existing ePMP SM's, so that we can keep deploying ePMP1000/200/180's and the new AP's will be compatible with them.

So, what does this do?  Well, as near as I can gather from that video, since the Cambium AP's already tell each SM when they'll get their time-slot to talk, I gather that they steer the antenna to listed in exactly that direction, at exactly that time. That would SIGNIFICANTLY increase the upstream RSSI and significantly degrease the noise heard by the AP. The extra gain may also allow the SM's to be able to APC their transmitters down even more and reduce interference on other sectors as a result.  If I'm right about this, then this is all a really really good thing - since it's all about SNR.

That being said - I agree that it would be nice to have them both built into the same antenna enclosure. Actually, I'd love a combination 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz antenna as well - we could more easily deploy both freqs on all our towers.

1 Like

Awesome

Hope gets available soon

We need new toys

Cheers

Seems that there will some Cambium webinar/ conference June 7th, 2016.  This could be about any product of course, but...

2 Likes

Can I know What is the Troughput and Maximum Distance doable for ePMP2000 ?

@TripleNetwork wrote:

Can I know What is the Troughput and Maximum Distance doable for ePMP2000 ?

It's the same as the 1000 GPS.

1 Like

Technically the maximum speeds and distances are the same. However, in the real world, signals go down as distances increase - and as signals (or SNR) goes down, then the usable distances and doable throughput goes down. SO -the point of ePMP2000 is to decrease AP interference and increasing SNR and those can dramatically increase real-world throughout and usable distance. :slight_smile:

2 Likes