ePMP 2000 COMMUNICATION LOST

I have ePMP 2000 GPS Sync 5ms Deregistered any SM after one or two second from connection .!! The"log" was (COMMUNICATION LOST)

Hello Paul,

check frequency you are using (Show it us, channel width and Transmitted power), confirm the signal they have and set the value “Subscriber Module Target Receive Level” to -54 dBm.

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

1 Like

I used 20Mhz width and the frequency is totally clear with 30 dBm Tx power,
Target receive level -55dBm

Hello Paul,

1. what is the average distance (Miles/km) between your clients and the tower/rooftop where the ePMP 2000 is located? and which SM models do you use with your clients (Force 200, ePMP 1000, Force 180, Force 300)? Precise the SM model.
  2. Is your AP on a hill top? What is the tower height?
  3. Is the AP on a very busy tower where they are other radios in the 5 GHz band?
  4. Is the area you are covering also busy with other radios (APs and SMs) in the 5 GHz band?

Do, please, update me on these questions.

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

You dont want to hear this but all SMs disconnecting after a few seconds on a single AP is usually an antenna/rf cable/AP hardware issue.

What you can do is turn down the tx power to 27 or 24 (half watt or quarter watt and see if there is a net positive change. Disconnects may still happen but what we are trying to do is determine if the AP is getting rf reflection from the antenna or by the cables.

Do this test, run it for 10 - 15 mins and post back. And set your SM ATPC power levels back to a standard -65 to mitigate over powering the AP receiver with a couple high powered SMs.