ePMP 2000 power requirements

For those running the new 2000 APs, how are you powering them?  I normally use Netonix switches to power my APs (at 48v) but I see the new power supplies for the 2000 APs are 54v.  I'm hesitant to power it with 48v at the top of my tower (100' above the Netonix).

How much amp ?

Just looked at the spec sheet of ePMP 200.

44 to 59V, 20W max.

Older netonix switch have  0.5A by port so, for 48V, so 24W by port. It should be fine. Newer netonix switch like WS-250-AC have 0.75A by port instead of 0.5 so 36W max by port, so more than enough.

1 Like

As a killer of radios (due to my own ineptitude with dumb mistakes), I always appreciate verification.  Thanks.  I am running a new Netonix at that tower so we'll give it a go!

you change the pin configuration settings in cat5?

because yesterday i change two epmp 1k for two epmp 2k, and my netonix collapsed.

Well, because this is a loaner 2000, I decided to play it safe and used the power supply it came with.

ePMP2000 -Powering Methods Supported:
56 V PoE(included), standard 802.3at PoE Supply or CMM4 with 56 V and 5 pin to 7 pin cross over cable adapter.

2 Likes

Can somebody clarify this for me?

I just bought 3 ePMP2000 sectors and my first Netonix Switch WS-24-400A.

Do I need to roll any wires in the ethernet connector on one side or is it standard? If so, does anyone have a diagram?

Thanks

With a ePMP 2000 AP and any Netonix switch, use a standard Ethernet cable with the SAME pinout on each end.  Also, use the "48v" setting, NOT "48VH" to power that AP.

2 Likes

Anyone tried ePMP2000 on solar system, 12V installation directly attached to gel batteries?

2000AP will not run on 12V, you would need to do at least 4 batteries for 48v. I believe the minimum on a 2000 is 44V and maximum is 59V.

1 Like

You’d have to be careful if you’re running them from 48v batteries – when they are charging, that ‘might’ go over 60 v, depending on the type of battery and how your charge controller is set.

If (for example) the charge controller is set to do an equalization (which it should be) and you have deep cycle AGM batteries - many of them call for 15.5-16.3 during equalization. In a 48v configuration, that might be 62-65 volts going into the batteries.

So, you’ll probably want to run a DC to DC regulator, and take whatever battery voltage and convert it to 48v or 56v regulated. We’ve used these type with good results.

1 Like

Yes, also likely to drop below 44v when the batteries are not being charged/are being drained vs loss on very long runs of Cat#. Just plugging the radios straight into batteries isn’t a great solution.

2 Likes