ePMP 3000 4x4 MIMO vs ePMP 1000+RF Horn

Hello to everyone,

since many years we are using with a good results ePMP 1000 GPS synced and no-GPS synced with RF Elements Horn antennas.

We reached for example around 25 Mbps in download and 5 Mbps in upload at execptional distance of 22 Km on ePMP 1000 GPS on RF Horns, so we thinked to buy and install 3000 with full complete kit of 4x4 MIMO antenna and Beamforming one.

Due to execptional good results in the past we were excited to try new sectors.

We installed on a 400 meters high hill in a completely line of sight scenario, expecting as always good results comapred with 1000.

With great surprise those 2 radio installed at about 2 meters far from them in about 30 degrees of separation, are having really bad signals on our landscape. We really have problems to connect to that sectors. Every position we try to connect, never seen more than -80 or -82 dBm of signals for both sectors.

Today we tried to raise both antennas at 0 vertical degrees because we thinked they were too tilted to reach far distance. Nothing, always we can see that sector at bad levels.

Anyone have had same bahavior? I don't think we had wrong installation, because we have many years of experience to do that. I'm thinking about something of strange in firmare or something else.

What do you think on that?

I have forwarded this to our support and development teams

>With great surprise those 2 radio installed at about 2 meters far from them in about 30 degrees of separation, are having really bad signals on our landscape. 

Are you reffering to two sectors on the same mast with two meters from each other? What do you use as a subscriber? 

Have you tried to run Link Planner to see what should be an expected RSSI in your case?

Thanks,

Dmitry

did you upgrade your sm and AP firmware to a 4.x release?

did you use a epmp1000 connectorized with a horn? if so, did you tell the AP to allow 802.11n devices to connect?

can you connect from a close 1km location?

Line of sight may not be true line of sight, anything that enters the links 3rd fresnel zone makes the link a near line of sight link not a line of sight. it is hard to predict the signal level with such physical interference.

If I am understanding correctly. You said you have had exceptional results with 1000 radio and RF Horns. How did the non Syncronised 1000 radio perform with the horn.

I am very much doubtfull of having to use epmp 1000 no GPS sync with the horn. I have line of site and all SM’s are about 4km from tower.
Your experience might help me