ePMP 3000 backwards compatibility

Does cambium have an estimated timeline when ePMP 3000 access points will be to communicate with force 200 and force 180 subscriber modules? We have a pending order of 15 access points, but it won't do us any good as our current infrastructure is loaded with force 200 radios that won't register to the new ePMP 3000 AP.

Hi,

Backward compatibility will be supported from the start.

It will be available with Beta quality with the first FW release in December and with production quality in the beginning of 2019.

Thank you.

Hello,

And the reverse: when will Force 300 radios be compatibile with ePMP 1000 and 2000 access points? 

Thank you!

In compatibilty mode, do you still get the benifits of MU-MIMO for Force300 clients while still talking to Nbase clients, or does it just run in AC/N mode with no MU-MIMO until all subscribers are upgraded to AC?   Thanks, Craig.

Craig - I asked this exact question yesterday on the wisp talk facebook group and this was the answer I got.

" yes the ac subs will talk MU-MIMO, n subs SU-MIMO. Both can be used, so day one upgrade you heavy users. "

I'd love for cambium to confirm this though, instead of getting the answer from facebook.

1 Like

wavenetwireless -  LOL, that is why I asked here.  Hoping they would chime in on that.

Eric Ozrelic replied to another post I made earlier in the week confirming. Beyond cambium confirming themselves he is the next best person to confirm, from what I can tell he is usually in the know.

@wavenetwireless wrote:

Eric Ozrelic replied to another post I made earlier in the week confirming. Beyond cambium confirming themselves he is the next best person to confirm, from what I can tell he is usually in the know.

I'm in the ePMP 3000 beta test group... so yeah, I know a thing or two ;-)

I think the main reasons you're not seeing more responses regarding ePMP from Cambium folks is that everyone on the team is working like crazy to get this product out the door.

See THIS post for more information on ePMP 3000 performance.

Also, check out THIS post for more info.

We have just received our first epmp3000 and we are starting to test it on our desk.

First thing wer wanted to check, was backwards compatibility with Force 180 and Force200, but, as we can see from 4.3 firmware release notes:

we need to upgrade Force 180 and 200 to firmware version 4.3 or greater to make it register on epmp3000.

However from https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/#r2 we see that image of new firmware version 4.3 support ONLY the following products:
• ePMP Force 300
• PTP 550
• ePMP 3000

How can we upgrade an old F200 to 4.3 or later?
Any chance to make a Force 180 or 200 register on a ePMP3000 at the moment?

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/ePMP-3000-2000-and-1000/ePMP3000-and-Force-200-compatibility/m-p/99094#M15676

Hi, the Backwards and Forwards compatability software is in Beta, so it isn't quite available yet. :)  But the goal is to have everything link with everything - so first generation ePMP1000 SM's linking to e3K AP's, and to have 3rd generation Force300 SM's linking to ePMP1000 & 2000 APs. :)

1 Like