ePMP 3000 compatibility

Please note the following for e3K compatibility. We do not recommend or support running a mix of 3.X AND 4.X on the same sector. All APs/SMs should either be running on 3.X release or 4.X release but not mixed for commercial deployment. Standard upgrade path should still be followed, 

compatibility.png

9 Likes

This diagram shows 3.x AC firmware but I'm not finding that anywhere in the archive. Can someone provide a link to the ePMP AC firmware that will allow me to connect it to a 3.5.6 AP?

@Andino wrote:

This diagram shows 3.x AC firmware but I'm not finding that anywhere in the archive. Can someone provide a link to the ePMP AC firmware that will allow me to connect it to a 3.5.6 AP?

There is no 3.x firmware for AC radios. The diagram is slightly incorrect.

The picture has been updated.

Thank you for indication the issue.

Thank you.

When will we be seeing 3k Smart antenna compatibility. These are useless in my area without beam forming.

@Tandr06 wrote:

When will we be seeing 3k Smart antenna compatibility. These are useless in my area without beam forming.

From what I've heard, IIRC the BSA support for e3k is being added in firmware release 4.5.

1 Like

PROBLEM:

SM with 4.4.3 Force 300 and AP EPMP 2000 with 4.4.3 doesnt work together if frame size is 2.5ms!

Cambium please help!

Hi,

Please send me an e-mail at dmitry.moiseev@cambiumnetworks.com if you want to help with testing of 2.5ms support in this scenario. I will provide a firmware for you.

Thanks,

Dmitry

We are unable to get a Force 300 running 4.4.3 to connect to an ePMP 2000 AP running 4.4.3 with 5ms frame size configured.  Is this a known issue?

Good night JoshB

It is correct about 3 months ago that we had to change the configuration of the epmp2000 sector from 2.5ms to 5ms because otherwise we could not link the Force 300-16 and Force 300-25 series antennas thanks greetings

@JoshB wrote:

We are unable to get a Force 300 running 4.4.3 to connect to an ePMP 2000 AP running 4.4.3 with 5ms frame size configured.  Is this a known issue?

It's not the known issue and all works well in the lab with the same configuration.

Could you please provide system logs with disconnect reasons from AP and SM?

Thank you.