ePMP 3000 for CCTV network system deployment

Hello, hope you guys can advise me regarding a CCTV system using ePMP 3000 Synchronization solutions.

Well, i'm actually working on a project where there shall be many CPE's along with cameras installed which will have to send all the images to the main control room. In my design, i'm using 4 ePMP 3000 AP and Force 300 as SM. The number of SM per AP varies, meaning there are actually 50 SM in total in this network. The distance of the furthest SM is aroung 1.8km. Is it the right topology? Will there any impact with image streaming with regard to the number of SM per AP? 
Please advise the best solutions.
Thanks.

1 Like

I also need the same question

In general, I don’t see any issues with the described solution, but it depends on wireless conditions, available channel bandwidth, etc.
it’s important to properly evaluate the planned traffic load on each AP and its capacity.
Recently we have introduced a new product that provides more features for CCTV:

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Abeelash,

if possible try to use LINKPlanner for ePMP 3000 family or cnVision Companion tool for cnVision devices to see the capacity of your links, so that you optimize Received signal on boths ends.

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

1 Like

Thank Fedor
I want using ePMP 3000 5GHz Access Point with ePMP 3000 4x4 MU-MIMO Sector for CCTV
But i don’t know it has enough performance and 16 Force 200-16, 8 Force-300Csm this all conenct with 80 camera ip 8 megapixel
I don’t know if a device solution like this is perfect yet

I am doing this and the only problems I had to overcome was backhaul limits. each cameras bandwidth needs to be defined and calculated. eg 50 cameras streaming at 6Mbps (each camera has two streams, one main at full resolution and one preview at a lower resolution and frame rate. Both must be calculated regardless if the preview stream is not used) each is 300Mbps one way! you also need some overhead so look to support 350Mbps backhaul.
You also need to make your setup upload centric, so 30/70, to ensure that there is enough upload slots (we set ours to 50/50 and is working well along side our WISP operations). Decide if 20Mhz or 40Mhz channels are needed. Each SM does not need a whole lot of bandwidth, so you will get better SNR with a 20Mhz channel and have better reusability while minimizing your frequency foot print (means less chance of someone stomping on your channels).
As said before, keep your AP population low. This will improve performance and reduce streaming errors due to an AP being too busy. Watch your frame utilization and try to keep it down but try to not go over 80% (make sure you keep some headroom) and consider splitting sectors to increase AP availability.

above all else, keep it simple and do not give your cameras publicly routable IP addresses ( reduces attack vectors and lowers the chance that a third party saturates your network just with stream requests, too many bots do this once they find IP cameras).

2 Likes

Dear All
Let me ask a little more
I install subscribers Force 300GSM with antenna omni on an industrial vehicle with a maximum speed of 20km / h and that is entirely in the coverage area of ​​epmp 3000. Does such an installation plan work well?

Hello Nguyen,

This might work, maybe at short range communication and the Access Point beam should be in the direction of the moving vehicle.
It will be up to you to test it physically and confirm how it works. But, for such deployment, you need nomadic Subscriber Modules able to track the access point automatically.

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe

1 Like

Epmp is not desinged for that particular use. Would it work? Well yes it should, but it would not be consistent nor be always attached. Omni antennas have a negitive electrical downtilt and thus do not do much above them plus the face that if you change APs then it can take up to 5 mins to connect to another AP if possible.

You would be better to look into the older mototurbo system as it was designed for this. If you can place many mesh APs around your needed coverage area and keep to the three hop rule then the epmp could be used as the backhaul links.

One of the Sales Team mods will chime in (if they see this post) and point you in the correct direction for this need.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for answering
The need to connect not only fixed points but also moving points is great. look forward to the best of cambium epmp.
Epmp installation solution for cctv connection for Container Gantry Crane, Multi-function Craner, Container Stacking Crane, Container Reach-Stacker on seaports

Having worked at a container port before, I can tell you that the epmp system will work for your cranes, you may want to look at the R series radios for moisture concerns though. (The Canopy 5G radios did ok with slow moving connections, not so well with moisture). You will need to use a couple APs in strategic locations with wide (90 deg panels) sector antennas. On the cranes you should consider the force 300-13R or the csm with a 45 deg panel antenna. This would allow the gantry cranes to slide on their track and still maintain connectivity as their raido path changes. I will not guarantee 100% as there are cases that the AP could be blocked by another crane, hence strategic planning of AP locations is required.

A solution using solely the epmp system for the moving vehicles is not really a good idea as with the epmp as there is not quick handoff between APs. This is where a mobile mesh is much better suited, bonus your cranes can be part of the mesh. EPMP can be your backhaul for mesh APs which you would need at least 4, probably more depending on your port layout. Each mobile piece of equipment then joins the mesh and moves within it maintaining at least one connection to another radio but when possible they can create many connections to as many other radios as they can.
I am not trying to discourage you from the epmp system, but it was never designed to do what you are asking it to do and there is a technology that will do exactly what you are wanting to accomplish. A good systems engineer will use the best solution for each part of the project and integrate them into a cooperative system solution. The epmp is great at fixed point communications and work very well for stationary IP cameras. It does not have the functionality you are wanting and you may not be satisfied with the results.

3 Likes

Thank you for your helpful information.

Hello Nguyen,

refer to this link for system that use tracking antennas:

BATS used to produce tracking antenna that were used by Cambium Networks. You can ask Cambium Networks to advise on your needs.

Sincerely yours,

Niragira Olympe