Epmp 3000 high ping

Is the 820 c/s licensed only radios?

Yes (20 character limit…)

Again, appreciate your input! I am wondering if epmp 2000 would be an option for a solution for a single sector deployment instead of a epmp 3000 or 3000L…

We’ve seen dependable latency and good performance from the 2000. Better than the 3000.

1 Like

Thanks appreciate it, I was looking at the specs for the epmp 2000 and didnt see frequency reuse… I am correct in that it does not support it?

I believe that the 2000 supported frequency re-use (front to back). We’ve never used it so I can’t comment.

Oh okay, I better look over the specs again! My only concern is how long will cambium be supporting the force 200 and epmp 2000 line up before an end of life situation arises.

Yes, the ePMP1000 and ePMP2000’s AP’s have GPS Sync and do support Frequency Reuse.

2 Likes

If the ping/latency does not improve (ePMP 2000 is better than ePMP 3000 in this by far) we will loose more and more WISPs to UBNT because the end user is not an IT tech and he is only checking ping.

My customers (WISPs) have huge issues with ping/latency going from an acceptable 16-28ms (Its TDD can not have less) to 80ms, 300ms etc. And please dont blame everything on noise, on the same tower a UBNT provides less throughput because it can not cope with noise like the ePMP but the latency is really stable (almost flat line).

3 Likes

Well, I believe there are some limitations even in theory how low ping can be using TDD and having many clients on AP. You can’t really have both: lots of throughput and low ping. ePMP2000s had 2.5ms frame size, but that also cut some throughput. But it’s a thing of a past and you’ll be changing them out to AC hardware soon, so go for 3000 or even 3000L if you don’t need RF filtering and 50+ clients per AP capacity. UBNT I think has something like 8 or even 10ms frame size, so you get 20-30ms but it’s true that it’s somewhat more consistent and stable… I’m willing to sacrifice some latency to get more capacity, but I too believe latency should be more stable and less jitter.

So I am guessing that everyone is still dealing with high ping/jitter on their epmp 3000 sectors? my 22 subscriber sector is now 35 subs and even when the frame time is low the ping is awful. Any of my sectors with 12 subs or lower have good consistent ping, even with higher frame time ping is stable. If only the 450 lineup was a bit less expensive lol… maybe the 4000 lineup will be more promising?

I don’t think Cambium has said anything in this regard. However, in a Webinar by one of the other AX gear vendors, the other vendor specifically say that their 802.11ax gear with “OFDMA on upload and download will dramatically lower latency”. I would imagine that Cambium would have the same benefits if they wanted to, and if they implement it in a similar way.

I think fw 4.7 may introduce some improvements … I hope so ! I am migrating gamers to ubnt … voip and iptv kinda works on epmp

FW 4.7 is only dream in our heads :smiley:

We have same latency issue on ePMP3000

Here’s to hoping… thank you all for replies!

I gave up on the 3000 series. We still are deploying SM’s because we invested so much in them at the beginning, but I’m not expecting any improvement at this point.

Hi @snc-jd,

could you provide more details of your issue? Monitor Wireless and Monitor Performance full page screenshots along with ping statistics to couple SMs?
Did you try to open a support ticket? In this case our engineers can isolate your issue on a remote session.