ePMP 3000 Lite -- No Gps Puck?

Does Cambium feel the external GPS puck is un-necessary for ePMP 3000 Lite?  No pucks in the box, but still has external connection ....

Specs Say

• GPS Synchronization: Yes, via Internal GPS or Cambium Sync (Internal GPS receiver contrains a patch antenna; optional external antenna can be ordered separetely N000900L030A)

1 Like

There are instances where having the external puck can cause GPS sync/lock issues.

3 Likes

There is no GPS puck with the package and it is being optional. There is built-in GPS antenna that is sufficient for majority of installations.

Having external high gain antenna can even cause you trouble if you are colocated with GPS/LTE equipment as Eric mentioned.

Thanks,

Dmitry

2 Likes

For what it is worth, we have been deploying 3000L and we are having perfectly fine GPS performance just using the internal antenna.

EDITED:  No sooner posted... and I started having the same issue - which is the display for lat / long is blank.

2 Likes

We are having problems with GPS. No GPS comes up in the Monitor GPS Status

On-board GPS Latitude
N/A
On-board GPS Longitude
N/A
On-board GPS Height
N/A
GPS Time (Greenwich Mean Time)
--
GPS Firmware Version
AXN 5.11
Satellites Tracked
Satellites Visible

This is with the Puck too away from any LTE tower.

Tom Fadgen

@Tom Fadgen wrote:

We are having problems with GPS. No GPS comes up in the Monitor GPS Status

Tom Fadgen

Are you using 4.4.1 on the radio? What happens when you disconnect the external GPS antenna?

We are using 4.4.1

with or without, it makes no difference. This is at the office. I set up two more 3000L's today and GPS was working and now I go to the Tower and see that  GPS stopped working. I am 25' away from T-mobile's antennas

I’m seeing 3000L with 4.4.1 which report as you say, no lat / long. and no Sats tracked - yet the 3000L’s home screen says GPS Sync Up, and the Sat icon is green.

We are also having the same issue.AP5303gps.JPG

Same radio as previous post now looks like this:

Hi All,

If you have issues with GPS can you please try disabling spectrum analyzer and see if it helps?

Thanks,

Dmitry

I can confirm that we do have some issues with GPS. Please send me an e-mail at dmitry.moiseev@cambiumnetworks.com if you are interested trying 4.4.2-RC with the fix.

Thanks,

Dmitry

1 Like

GPS on 3000L is woeful. It doesn’t maintain sync well at all. I get hundreds of alerts an hour on the 3000L where it just doesn’t maintain GPS sync. The 2000’s on 3.5.6 still have issues, but no where near as bad as the 3000L.

We just had GPS sync drop on one of our ePMP 3k full AP's. It was only tracking 1 satellite. Running 4.4.1 firmware

A reboot of the AP immediately shows it tracking 12 satellites. Other AP's on this tower are 2k and tracking 13-18 satellites.

Is there a known issue for the full version 3k AP that will be fixed? Our customers were down 3 hours before we received reports for us to fix it.

Thank you

Hi!

Sounds like a known issue that we are fixing right now. The fix should be ready this week.

Thanks,
Dmitry

If we don't use the external puck, should we screw on a cap on the SMA connection to waterproof it? Or is the included rubber boot good enough?

It is not necessarily required, but recommended to seal it.

Dmitry

Okay, thanks for the quick reply!  I wish a cap was included though...