Epmp 3000 Losing internet connectivity

Having a issue I have never seen before…

From the log…

This is the time frame…

so each one in the time line is a disconnect reconnect… I have factory reset the unit once via the web UI
Any help would be great

It’s necessary to check the disconnect reasons on both sides of the link.
I mean on AP and SMs. Disconnect reasons might point you to what is wrong.
If the sector is operating with the same FW as it did before, but you started experiencing disconnects, then I would suspect interferer.

Thank you.

@Fedor thank you for your reply…

This is what I am seeing while in the epmp3000 AP Web UI

@Fedor this is the log line from the AP

Nov 13 14:53:45 Ens West DEVICE-AGENT[5014]: Not received PONG for the last ping (1)

@Fedor this is what the SMs connected to the AP say… there are 7 SMs and majority are logging this…

Nov 13 15:08:54 F300-25_Sask_Power DEVICE-AGENT[4898]: platform_set_cns_connection_state: New CNS_STATE cns_serv_stat Connected(6)
Nov 13 15:05:56 F300-25_Sask_Power DEVICE-AGENT[4898]: platform_set_cns_connection_state: New CNS_STATE cns_serv_stat Connected(6)

@Fedor was on the web gui of the AP and lost connection, it took a lot longer to reconnect back and this is what the system log showed once the web gui came back online…

Nov 13 15:27:19 Ens West hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:42:7d:81 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Nov 13 15:27:19 Ens West hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:42:7f:6b WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Nov 13 15:27:19 Ens West hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:2c:48:1e WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Nov 13 15:27:19 Ens West hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:2f:d9:be WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Nov 13 15:27:19 Ens West hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:2c:4b:0f WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Nov 13 15:27:19 Ens West hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:2c:4c:e9 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)
Nov 13 15:27:19 Ens West hostapd: ath0: STA 00:04:56:2d:a8:a8 WPA: group key handshake completed (RSN)

@fedor just an update… problem still remains… the opposite sector does not have any of these issues…I have 3 sectors on this tower so i discontinued using frequency reuse and have 3 separate frequencies running and still problem remains on the one sector. I have submitted a ticket but when weather clears plan is to swap the device with another epmp 3000

@Fedor By this statement are you saying that “experiencing disconnects” do you mean that the SMs disconnect front the APs wireless link? The epmp 3000 AP loses internet connectivity constantly… never drops the SMs wirelessly when it loses internet connectivity.

Everything you have posted up to this point appears to clearly be SM’s disconnecting / connecting to the AP. So you have two problems ? One the AP appearing to randomly drop SM’s (thus causing those customers to lose internet) AND all the customers on the AP lose their internet connection while still being connected to the AP ? OR when you say the AP “loses Internet” are you saying that you are unable to contact the AP during these periods or are you assuming that since the customers lose internet the AP must be losing internet ?

Hi

Did you managed to resolve this issue?
I am experiencing the same issue where AP ePMP 3000 disconnect over 20 clients every hour or 2 hours then takes time before it reconnects them unless I reboot it.
Please let me know how you resolved the issue.

Hi @Letsitsa_Mokete ,
the script to debug it is the same: upload the latest FW, check disconnect reasons on both sides, check spectrum.

In case no success raise a support ticket!