ePMP 3000: MIMO Operating Modes

ePMP 3000: MIMO Operating Modes (Configuration -> Radio page)

ePMP 3000 supports three downlink MIMO modes described below.

4×4 Multi-User: Main operating mode which maximizes the downlink sector performance. Recommended for sectors with big amount of F300 SMs deployed. Both 4x2 SU transmit beamforming and 4x4 MU-MIMO are enabled. Periodic beamforming sounding and azimuth detection are performed.

4×2 Single-User: Operating mode with the only 4x4 SU transmit beamforming enabled for F300 SMs based on periodic beamforming sounding. Recommended for sectors with small amount of F300 SMs installed.

Off: A support mode which should be avoided for normal operations.

7 Likes

In the latest FW versions, the configuration option is not available and 4x4 is always enabled by default.

is 4X4 mode of MU-MIMO working even if ePMP 3000 has mixed CPE antenna connected with like elevated one and force200 , 190 ,180 ???

Even with mixed clients MU works with the AC clients. We have several 3000AP’s that have mixed N clients and AC clients but there is still MU going on to to the groupable AC clients.

1 Like

Why was the product I got only 20M bandwidth? When I upgraded to the latest FW, mu-mimo didn’t support shutting down. Can you provide me with a version that supports 80M bandwidth and can turn off mu-mimo