ePMP 3000 Quality of Service tab is missing

Couldn't find the Quality of Service tab any more.

How to configure the Quality of Service in ePMP 3000?

Where is the quality of service function configuration?

Thanks.

I don’t believe it’s supported yet. Q1 2019 was on roadmap for qos I believe but I’m guessing it won’t make it.

Tim

@davidliu2019 wrote:

Couldn't find the Quality of Service tab any more.

How to configure the Quality of Service in ePMP 3000?

Where is the quality of service function configuration?

Thanks.

It's not there yet.  As i understand it, they are ALL working on the Forward/Backward compatibiltiy first - and then fleshing in some of the other features after that.  Right now today, I guess you'd have to limit the bandwidth with something in the router or somewhere before the AP I suppose.

In hindsight - it would have been maybe good to throw a 'quick and dirty' setting into the SM's software... a "max throughput" setting or something that we could have typed in a 10 Mbit (or whatever) value and it'd be good enough for a while.  But if you've got a MTik router or whatever ahead of your AP, you can do it there for now.

As far as a timeline, I don't know, but I would guess that's got to be high up on Cambiums must-do list right after they get the compatibility stable. For us, we've had no noticable hiccups connecting e1000, Force180, Force190, Force200 clients to an ePMP3000 Access Point, so that compatibility seems to be working awesomly, and at RC26, it's probably pretty much ready for prime time.

We have heard of a few bumps going the other way with the early alpha/beta software - so with Force300 SM's connecting to older ePMP1000/ePMP2000 APs. So that sounds like it still needs a few bugs squashed before that job is completed.

1 Like