ePMP 400/425 Software Release 5.1 is now available

ePMP Release 5.1 for ePMP 400/425 is now available and be found at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp_400_425/

New Features

• Supports Max MCS limit for the ePTP mode
  • Supports cnMaestro
  • Supports FCC 4.9GHz band for Force 425/Force 400CSM - 20MHz channel bandwidth only
  • Supports 4.9 GHz band for the Other country code

Issues Resolved

Tracking Description
AXG-804 Fixed an issue for when the L3 Firewall rules do not work correctly with the Source IP address.
AXG-805 Fixed an issue for when the L2 Firewall rules do not work with EtherType.
AXG-827 Fixed an issue for when the Graphical User Interface displays 10 Mbps/Half when ethernet is unplugged.
AXG-1159 Fixed an issue for when the Graphical User Interface becomes unavailable and displays “Board still in reboot state. Please Wait.” message after saving the SNMPv3 Users table.
AXG-1298 This release adds support for the Max MCS limit for the ePTP mode.
AXG-1398 This release adds support for cnMaestro.
AXG-1455 This release adds support for FCC 4.9GHz band for the Force 425/Force 400CSM for the 20MHz channel bandwidth only.
AXG-1463 Fixed an issue for when packet loss has been introduced for PPPoE fragmented UDP traffic.
AXG-1480 Fixed an issue for when the Membership VLAN traffic is dropped when the Data VLAN setting is enabled.
AXG-1488 Fixed an issue for when the Force 400 radios introduce a memory leak with other Access Points that operate on the same radio channel.
AXG-1498 This release adds support for the 4.9 GHz band for the Other country code.
AXG-1631 Fixed an issue for when it is not possible to start the Wireless Link Test from cnMaestro.
AXG-1643 Fixed an issue for when the Spectrum Analyzer does not show the interferers on frequencies lower than 5200 MHz
AXG-1661 Fixed an issue for when the Wireless Link Test freezes due to unstable performance.
AXG-1670 Fixed an issue for when the IRP was not limited on the Subscriber Modules due to regulatory limitations.
AXG-1703 Fixed an issue for when the Subscriber Module displays it is connected to an Access Point on Monitor Wireless page whereas it is not connected.
AXG-1705 Fixed an issue for when not all symbols can be used for passwords on the User interface.
AXG-1805 Fixed an issue for when the real TX power does not match the configured value for the FCC locked Subscriber Module.
AXG-1809 Fixed an issue for when it is not possible to save the Device Name and the SSID if special symbols are used.
AXG-1904 Fixed an issue when an Access Point does not transmit on specific frequencies.
AXG-1936 This release adds support for extended frequencies ranges up to 6180MHz for the Force 400CSM and the Force 400-25 radios.
AXG-1968 Fixed an issue for when the registration state was displayed as “127” instead of a clear-text reason.
2 Likes

Does this release enable 20,40 and 80mhz channels in Unii-5? I read that at 4.9ghz only 20mhz channel is supported…

This version 5.1 release works very well for us. 450Mbps - 460Mbps at 14.5Km link in a 40Mhz wide channel. The bandwidth testing was done with MikroTik’s RB4011 routers, using MT’s bandwidth test. Aggregate signals are -55, and most traffic is going at DS11 modulations

2 Likes

ninedd, so can you tell me it works in Uni-5? If so, does it work at 20,40, and 80mhz?

Thanks so much. I found some of these in stock - ready to try them out.

The release notes say this:
AXG-1936 This release adds support for extended frequencies ranges up to 6180MHz for the Force 400CSM and the Force 400-25 radios.

If this is for United States (FCC) then it should work in this freq range? So is that at 20,40 and 80mhz channels or just 20mhz like for 4.9ghz currently? I am ready to buy a set for testing, just need to know about this.

If this helps, our Force400’s running 5.1 Firmware show this in their available frequencies, which is up to 6180

Thanks for the info. I am not sure (are you in Canada?) if it works the same there as in US? Cambium, can you chime in here?

This version 5.1 release works very well for us.
450Mbps - 460Mbps at 14.5Km link in a 40Mhz wide channel.

Ninedd, did you try the same link and the same tests before ? I have seen reports of throughput like this on russian forums before, so it should not be specific to version 5.1.

Ech, was that UDP or TCP ?

Thanks !

bump: Thanks for the info. I am not sure (are you in Canada?) if it works the same there as in US? Cambium, can you chime in here?

I’ve been an early Beta tester, so yes, we’ve had Force 400 gear for a long time. We’ve had very good speeds all the way along, and I’ve posted lots of results in these forums, and on WISP groups on Facebook.

The reason I made this specific post above was that some people had said things such as “looks like it’s not totally stable yet” or “still not totally baked yet” or “still in beta”, and I wanted to point out that with the latest 5.1 release, that we found the F400 and F425 to be very fast, and very stable, and that all the previous quirks which I was aware of, are all cleared up. :slight_smile:

1 Like