Quick heads up for everyone who isn’t on the beta program: ePMP firmware 5.12.0-RC9 has been released and is open for testing. So far, this might be the best firmware we’ve ever put out for the ePMP AX product line.
RC9 is a pure bug-fix build on top of 5.12.0 — no new features, just fixes the team has been working through. There’s only a small chance this build makes it into cnMaestro.
Bug reports, “works great” posts, and everything in between are welcome here — the more feedback we get, the more this effort pays off. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to give it a spin!
ePMP 5.12 feels like a major milestone for the platform.
Seeing a PtMP system with more than 40 subscriber modules push over 500 Mbps in a single TCP session — even with interference, retransmissions, and real-world RF challenges — is seriously impressive. That kind of performance is not something you see every day in PtMP.
It really shows how far ePMP has come in terms of efficiency, stability, and raw throughput under load. In practical deployments, this is exactly the kind of progress that matters.Huge credit to the team behind 5.12 — this release feels like a big step forward for ePMP.Now let’s hope 5.12.1 RC-9 takes care of the last minor bugs and polishes things off, because the platform is looking very strong.
I was all in to finally patch the network over to 5.12, sadly the DHCP bug stopped me. I wanted to standardize on a AX firmware so we could continue radio roll outs a bit easier instead of ‘this firmware here, that firmware over there’ type thing.
Same here, the DHCP bug on 11N radios was all that stopped me from pushing 5.12.0 to everything.
I’ve only put this RC on a few radios so far, but I haven’t seen any problems. I haven’t tried it on an 11N radio yet, but I’m assuming that bug is fixed, so I’m planning on getting a few towers upgraded in the next few days.
@aka Considering that there’s a non-zero chance this could be the last firmware update we get, thanks to everyone at Cambium for getting it released.
Hi Andrii, we are testing in a towers pure AX with 2 links PTP 4625 and an PTMP scenary with an AP 4600 4x4 with 5 towers connected by 4625 with excellent performance and stability… haven´t tried on 11N yet, but in this week we go to test in a sector and we comment.
Could anyone help me? Just getting major RSSI swings, going -62 DL/-55 UL at one point then drops to -80DL/-72UL
SM is a 4525 connected to a 4500 AP, I know thermal fade can play a part but before this was a force 300-25 connected to a e3k AP and definitly saw thermal fade but not this bad.
We have installed it on 2 4500C PTP links, 2 4600 4x4 and a 4600L and so far prforming well with no issues. We will be upgrading the remainder in another week.