ePMP API

Hi, 

I'm new to Cambium, is there any docs about SSH and SNMP?

On MikroTik there is a dedicated API, I would like to know how can I use Cambium to have the same results!

I also want to know if it's possible to launch a spectral scan and a wireless networks scan from SSH/SNMP and save results, to achieve something like a remote scan!

Thank you :-)

1 Like

in the documentation section you'll find the CLI commands which is via SSH, you can pull pretty much anything you want via SNMP and if i'm not mistaken you can use SNMP to pull AP data and edectect information.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can't use eDetect via SNMP or SSH.

Using SSH I can see through "show edetect" the results of a past eDetect run, but I can't run it from there.

I'll pass this on to the development team.

1 Like

Thank you Alex!
I'm switching from MikroTik to Cambium and I'm noticing some feature missing that really helps me, and this is very important!

Thank you very much for your support!

Hi,

In the meanwhile you can do the following vi CLI:

#set eDetect mode:

snmpset -v 2c -c private localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.6.5.1.0 i 0

#set eDetect time duration with range from  1000 up to 120000

snmpset -v 2c -c private localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.6.5.1.0 i 2000

#start eDetect:

snmpset -v 2c -c private localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.6.5.3.0 i 1

Thanks,

Dmitry

1 Like

Thank you Dmitry!
Can I see the SSID doing this? 
Does the connection to the AP get interrupted?

To see the result you have to use "show edetect" command in CLI.

The system is fully operational when the eDetect tool is initiated. When the tool is run, the ePMP device processes all frames received from devices not connected to the ePMP system and collects the interfering frame’s information such  as MAC Address, RSSI, MCS and SSID if available. Because of the way it operations it will detect interference only on the exactly same frequency and with the same channel width.

The detection is done during the transmission period within the TDD frame. And it is possible that the AP detects another AP on its back sector as an interferer when it is using the same frequency carrier in a GPS Synchronized system. Also, since the detection happens when the system is operational, there may be a negligible degradation in overall sector throughput when run from the AP.

Thanks,

Dmitry

2 Likes

So using this mode you can't really "scan" for other Cambium APs?

Let's say I have two or three ePMP 1000 pointing in the same direction on three different frequencies.

I have one users which have interferences on one of the sectors, and I want to scan on the SM to see what Access Points I can connect that SM to.

Is that possible?

Hi,

If you have all frequencies enabled on the SM, then you can just use "show ap" in CLI. During the start it scans for all available SSIDs so It will show you all the APs your SM can use.

Thanks,

Dmitry

1 Like

Oh, wow! Thank you!

So I have the same in SNMP as cambiumSTAConnectedAPTable and OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.1.2.20, right?

Yes, you are absolutely right.

1 Like

That's great! Even better of what I was searching for!

So, to make a new scan, I have to reboot the SM, right?

See if cambiumpmp80211APListUpdate.0 is what you want...

j

1 Like