ePMP Force 180 and Force 200 available for pre-order

Hi toto --

The hardware looks a little bit sad...do you have any force 180 vs ePMP1000 on throughput test performance data?

Dawei

2Dawel

I keep  Force 180 in my hands.   I do not see any week points in Force hardware. I do no think, that Force hardware less robust to interference. Do you have already such experience with Force? 

In regards to interference from powerful FM station, that is located at the same tower  as BWA  radio equipment. It's EMI  impacts ussually only to ethernet cable.  Ferrit rings help  to protect cable from such radio emission .

Throughput Force 180 in lab  is the same as ePMP 1000 Integrated ( but may pass over 100M simplex in one direction  due to 1000M ethernet).

2 Likes

just changed my epmp 1000 for a epmp force 180 at my apartment. it a nlos and high interference in a 40mhz channel to my tower 1.2 miles away. i see 5 db more in snr and about 2 db more in signal strength. over all about 2 more on the mcs. great job cambium. some customer sites are going to be changed out.

3 Likes

Hi Vyacheslav --

Thanks for sharing. I am still waiting for the force 180 to be shipped to me, and I will let you know how it goes :)

Dawei

Hi,

my distributor sent an email about new Forces. He said and "older" model will be discontinued: Is this right? Which model is to be discontinued? ePMP1000 integrated?

I'm using ePMP1000 integrated with reflector dish for long distances and this works very well..

Regards

Antonio

2 Likes

since in many asked me to publish the photos, be content, to the conclusion you … there are also those of ubnt

I like the new antenna design very much!! nice recessed cavities and signal paths! also nice touch to have the substract held with pins and not screws.

The old design would bulge under heat (because the screws locked the thin PCB from expanding).

Q: What are those three big round protrusions in the aluminium frame!?

I can't say anything about the radio behind it, but flipping the board to make the ground-plane face the back is a very clever way to improve shielding...

kudos to cambium engineers !!

2 Likes

I wish they would have included an aux ethernet port.  For us that comes in very handy.  It looks like the way the force 180 is designed that they could put an aux port on the left side.

What is the latest status of the 5 Ghz F 200 ?  Same specs or ? Thanks

@Millpond Media wrote:

What is the latest status of the 5 Ghz F 200 ?  Same specs or ? Thanks

5Ghz Force 200 should be shipping in January. Yes, the specifications are pretty much the same... i.e. same antenna gain and same radio RF specs, and power output. Only difference is the Force 200 has a gig-e port. It does not have a 2nd/aux port.

2 Likes

Thanks Eric. I couldn't seem to find any details of the upcoming release. I appreciate your response.

Hi Cambium,

Force 200 for 5 GHz seems very interesting. This is the same form factor of ubiquiti nanobridge.

I wonder you have done extensive testing on this as your are a very professional business, but I'm concerned about the termal issues. Specially in hot countries like mine.  I have a huge base of ubiquiti nanobridges and in the very hot summers, they have a high failure rate: rf distorition, disconnections and deads, specially the flash..

The feeder which contains the electronic is very small and it may have problems dissipating the heat generated by the cpe...

Also on equipment with south orientation, the sun  concentrates too much hot on the device..

Regards

Antonio

1 Like

@roanwifi wrote:

I wonder you have done extensive testing on this as your are a very professional business, but I'm concerned about the termal issues. Specially in hot countries like mine.  I have a huge base of ubiquiti nanobridges and in the very hot summers, they have a high failure rate: rf distorition, disconnections and deads, specially the flash..

If you've used Force 100 or Force 110 products with success in that environment, I think you'll be fine with Force 200. It's built to the same IP55, surge, and tempurature standards as the previous two models. We've had many of the Force 100 and Force 110 products deployed in super dry 100 degree fahrenheit weather with no issues. That being said, the surge and environmental ratings for the Force 200 are: Surge Suppression 1 Joule Integrated. Environmental IP55. Temperature -30°C to +60°C (-22°F to +140°F) – with radome attached maximum temperature is +47°C (+116°F).

2 Likes