ePMP Force 180 and Force 200 available for pre-order

Hi Everyone,

The ePMP Force 180 and Force 200 are both now available to pre-order. With new radio and antenna designs both products let you make the most of your network.

Here are some more details on ePMP Force 180:

• Up to 200Mbps throughput
  • Up to 12.4 miles/20 kilometers range
  • PMP
  • 16dBi antenna
  • Gigabit Ethernet port
  • Adjustable mounting bracket
  • Compatibility with standard PoE pinout
  • Horizontal mount with a narrower beam width, minimizing the impact of interference

Force180_Angled_2_400x300.jpg

And on ePMP Force 200:

• Up to 200Mbps throughput
  • Up to 24.9 miles/40 kilometers range
  • PTP
  • 17dBi antenna
  • Gigabit Ethernet port
  • Compatibility with standard PoE pinout
  • Optional radome

Force200_2.4_angled_400x300.jpg

The full details are at http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/products/access/epmp-1000/

Where will you use these new products in your network?

Thanks,

Alex

4 Likes

I love the Force 200.  The Force is 110 is pretty good, but the 200 is just better in every possible aspect.

Assembly is *MUCH* easier.  No more subreflector!  The radio simply clips in and out.  No more plastic tabs for the feedhorn or any of that mess - just simply bolt a couple parts together.

Performance is about the same as the Force110.  Same powerful CPE antenna and guts.  I didn't notice any difference besides the gigabit ports.

Alignment and installation is *SO* much better.  The hardware setup is absolutely magnificent.  I really wish I had more right now.

The Force 180 seems better in every aspect, it's an integrated CPE that mounts to a pole.  You get better gain (a very good thing) and a gig port as well.  The new antenna plot is very intersesting, I love the idea.  Time will tell if it's better but at this point I can't say I see anything but good things.

Thank you so much for listening for input on the Force 110 to make an even better CPE!!!

5 Likes

The new products look great, do you have the list price?

Regards,

Vicente.

The best thing to do would be check with your local distributor, they can give you a more accurate price than I can.

Are there plans for a 25dBi 5Ghz version of the force 200 to replace the Force 110 ? 

@brubble1 wrote:

Are there plans for a 25dBi 5Ghz version of the force 200 to replace the Force 110 ? 

Yes. We are targetting the end of the year to have them shipping. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Yes.

That answer makes me so happy !

Can you share what senarios where it would be better to use ePMP 1000 vs Force 180?  Or simply highlight the main differences between the two?

@FVI wrote:

Can you share what senarios where it would be better to use ePMP 1000 vs Force 180?  Or simply highlight the main differences between the two?

Hi, 

Here are the main differences between the ePMP 1000 Integrated radio and the Force 180:

1. Force 180 has a 16 dBi integrated antenna which is 3 dBi more than the ePMP 1000 integrated. This increases the range by 40%. 

2. Force 180 Ethernet port is 10/100/1000BaseT, compatible with Cambium PoE pinouts and Standard PoE pinouts. The ePMP 1000 Integrated radio is 10/100BaseT and supports Cambium PoE pinouts.  

3. The Force 180 has a 3dB beamwidth with Azimuth: 15°, Elevation: 30°. The ePMP 1000 Integrated is Azimuth: 30°, Elevation: 15° which is the opposite. The narrower Azimuth on the Force 180 helps with better noise rejection from radios in the vicinity.

4. The Force 180 has an improved mounting bracket which allows easier alignment during installation compared to the ePMP 1000 Integrated unit. 

The Force 180's spec sheet has more details. 

Thanks,

Sriram

2 Likes

Hi Cambium --

It is great, but I believe there is a typo in the file:///Users/daweizhang/Downloads/ePMP_force180_Sept2015.pdf. In Specification-Performance, you mean sensitivity@20MHz rather than 200MHz right?

Dawei

Is there a link to the the force 180/200 pre-order?

Hi cambium,

you announcement is not in line of what cambium is used to do... you are playing the ubiquity game on this, as per my understanding

up to 200 mbit/s : I wonder on lab conditions?

up to 20 km : this is dependent of AP antenna at the 1st and  based on the gain of the CPE, will it be at lowest modulation? (so useless for a wisp)

also, for the 2nd model force 200 you claim up to 40 km, double of model 180, this is 6 db more in link budget but the antenna gain is only 1 db more...

Same applies for the max output power: you claim 30 dBm output power but this is for the lowest modulation which is useless for the wisp. A wisp requires maximum modulation almost all time to exploit a successful network and it is limited to 18-23 dBm depending on band...

Said that, I have to say I'm very happy with ePMP1000, they are performing very well, I have 9 towers and growing with ePMP1000. I'm using integraded CPEs alone or with reflector dish at the moment. Depending on the cost of new models I'll move on them.

Finally, special thanks to the developers for fixing the memory leak on radius reject: no issues, no customer complains since then.

Best regards

Antonio

1 Like

@roanwifi wrote:

also, for the 2nd model force 200 you claim up to 40 km, double of model 180, this is 6 db more in link budget but the antenna gain is only 1 db more...

Your getting confused between 2ghz and 5ghz.  The 17dbi force 200 is 2.4ghz radio not 5ghz, you can't compare that with the force 180

1 Like

You are right. I understand both 5 ghz. Sorry, it's  my mistake.

Best regards

Antonio

@dawei wrote:

Hi Cambium --

It is great, but I believe there is a typo in the file:///Users/daweizhang/Downloads/ePMP_force180_Sept2015.pdf. In Specification-Performance, you mean sensitivity@20MHz rather than 200MHz right?

Dawei

Hi Dawei, 

Yes, that is a typo. Thanks for highlighting it! We will make the correction. 

Thanks,

Sriram

@dawei wrote:

Is there a link to the the force 180/200 pre-order?

Hi Dawei, 

This is the link: Request A Quote

Thanks,

Sriram

Hello everyone, I am a little disappointed sincerely force 180, I have them open and looked inside, the hw seems less robust and shielded little to no interference, the components are exposed to external interference and the door for me and jig ‘more ‘sensibbile interference FM, will be’ I’m wrong but comparing it to the old EPMP 1000 integrated it seems that has’ saved inside, if I can post the photos to see you too, looking inside I seem to use equipment ubnt , and I’m unhappy about this, I’m afraid to sofrire as sofro with ubnt, so it is worth returning to if I have problems ubnt dinuovo, the old integrated EPMP 1000 was equal to connetterizzata inside, but only added antenna, and gave me the + feeling of being very robust, you can give some info about?

belonging that also lacks seconsa aux port that I was comfortable, but the previous series is not produced more '?

@roanwifi wrote:

Hi cambium,

you announcement is not in line of what cambium is used to do... you are playing the ubiquity game on this, as per my understanding

up to 200 mbit/s : I wonder on lab conditions?

up to 20 km : this is dependent of AP antenna at the 1st and  based on the gain of the CPE, will it be at lowest modulation? (so useless for a wisp)

Same applies for the max output power: you claim 30 dBm output power but this is for the lowest modulation which is useless for the wisp. A wisp requires maximum modulation almost all time to exploit a successful network and it is limited to 18-23 dBm depending on band...

Said that, I have to say I'm very happy with ePMP1000, they are performing very well, I have 9 towers and growing with ePMP1000. I'm using integraded CPEs alone or with reflector dish at the moment. Depending on the cost of new models I'll move on them.

Finally, special thanks to the developers for fixing the memory leak on radius reject: no issues, no customer complains since then.

Best regards

Antonio

cambium has always noted a max range on documentation, they differ in the since they provide link planning tools and excel sheets to forcast what you can expect from the radios at a given distance.   the big backhauls have ranges over 100 miles, but its a given you're not parking at max modulations at that distance.         cambium always recommends using a link planner so you know what to expect and what products to select to fill the need, I'm sure that recommendation will never change.  

max power is irrelevant from a legal stand point.  in PTMP setup, the FCC (and other regulatory bodies) regulates your ERIP, as well as max TX power.  36 DB is your ERIP limit for the upper band,   33 in 5.1 and some variation in the middle which is lower, cambium is keeping you legal as they are required too. (PTP links have slightly different rules for TX powers)   if you notice in PTP mode, the power does adjust some and will adjust the TX power in relation to the antenna gain. ( TX power can go up to 30db)  being angry at a vendor for keeping hardware in regulatory compliance doesn't make any since.

aggregate capacity in the field does hit 200 meg, of course that requires every CPE in max modulation.  not always relistic, but very possible.      20km out would be -78 db, assuming clear Fresnel, if noise isn't a problem, that will provide MCS 11 (following FCC regulatory limits in the upper band)

2 Likes

'cause you do not answer my questions?