ePMP Force 180 PtP configuration

Hi,

I have recently purchased two ePMP force 180 radios.
I am looking to set up a simple ptp link between the two units.

I have logged on to the configuration page of the units though I have no experience with configuring them.

How do I go about configuring them to work as a simple ptp link?

Welcome! 

There are two modes that ePMP PTP can operate in: ePTP and TDD.  I've attached a guide that can walk you through the setup.  At a high level, the two different modes can be described below.  I would recommend our LINKPlanner design tool to help estimate out performance.

TDD (PTP): The AP operates in Point-To-Point mode using TDD scheduling. In this mode Quality of Service configuration (rate-limiting and traffic prioritization) is available, and TDD mode is recommended for CCTV applications so that link symmetry (adjustment of downlink / uplink ratio) can be controlled to meet the deployment’s high uplink bandwidth requirements.

ePTP: In this mode, the PTP device is able to provide significantly lower latency than other modes. Quality of Service (rate-limiting and traffic prioritization) capability and Link Quality/Capacity indicators are not available in this mode.

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

That configuration guide is perfect.

@TomS wrote:

Hi,

I have recently purchased two ePMP force 180 radios.
I am looking to set up a simple ptp link between the two units.

I have logged on to the configuration page of the units though I have no experience with configuring them.

How do I go about configuring them to work as a simple ptp link?