ePMP Force 180

I want to know if I can turn the force 180 into a router so that devices, such as phones and labtops can connect to it.

Yes, it can be used as a router. All ePMP products have the ability to route, do NAT, have port forwarding, DMZ, and firewall functions.

1 Like

If you're talking about using it as an 802.11 wifi router then you'll run into trouble.  It can be put into AP mode and work as an AP with multiple clients off the wireless side, but AFAIK doesn't support NAT, routing, etc when used that way.

j

1 Like

Do I have to be in Ap mode or can I be in Sm in order to have it broadcast to devices.  I'm not finding all those things to enable on the Ap side of thing.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

Yes, it can be used as a router. All ePMP products have the ability to route, do NAT, have port forwarding, DMZ, and firewall functions.

@Eric Ozrelic wrote:

SM mode is only going to function as a client device on the wireless side.  It will have to be in AP and 'Standard WiFi' mode to connect wifi client devices to it.

j

2 Likes

Sorry Matt, I wasn't clear on exactly what you wanted to do. You have to be in AP mode to broadcast to WiFi client dvices. That being said, the AP mode for for ePMP products is limited in nature and is there to provide basic functionality for converting other vendor's WiFi solutions over to ePMP. As newkirk mentioned, when using AP mode, the radio cannot function as a router/nat/firewall.... only a bridge. If you need a Cambium radio that can act as a WiFi AP and router, then you'll need to look at the cnPilot line of products. There may also be a way to re-flash an ePMP 1000 series radio with the cnPilot firmware to convert.

2 Likes

Thxs for your help.

@newkirk wrote:

SM mode is only going to function as a client device on the wireless side.  It will have to be in AP and 'Standard WiFi' mode to connect wifi client devices to it.

j

Thxs for your help.