ePMP Forward and Backward compatibility rules

Hi,

They will connect and pass data, but it is always recommended to run the same firmware on both AP and SM for stability puposes.

Dmitry

1 Like

planetcaravan said:
>What about bacward compatibility if AP
>is 4.4.2 (ePMP2000) and CPE are on 3.5.6?

In my opinion, thatā€™s asking for trouble. It may work fine in some situations, but thatā€™s playing with fire as far as Iā€™m concerned. :slight_smile: If the AP is 4.4.2 then I would have all SMs as 4.4.2 as well.

Hello i was trying a link with force 300 and force 200 29km,

I will install other force 300

Looks like youā€™re trying to use ePTP? I think someone mentioned that ePTP is not compatible between different ePMP generations.

Yes i used eptp but here in mexico told me that they are compatible !!
But not
Dont wasted the time trying that !!

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately ePTP mode isnā€™t compatible between generations for some reason. You should be able to use TDD or TDD PTP mode though. Thatā€™s no a perfect solution, BUT itā€™s a good solution to allow change one side of the link at a time.

ALSO - for us - at 29KM, weā€™ve found that TDD Mode has actually worked better than ePTP mode on our Force300ā€™s. Your mileage may vary, but we found that under load and at distance, the Force300ā€™s ePTP mode didnā€™t hold up like the 1000/2000 series does. Weā€™ve been very pleased with TDD mode however. But, Iā€™d be eager to find out your results.

Well, I will install the other force300, thanks for ur advice about TDD, i will reply tomorrow the result of this link, 29km the client only needs 10-15mbps
Thanks bro
Regards

Well i have done this link 29.645km with 2 force 300 -72-73, 4up/16down, eptp mode

It would be interesting to see what it does in TDD PTP mode 75%/25%. I mean, the signals are barely functional, but Iā€™d be curious to see anyway.