ePMP MP 3000 MicroPOP in LINKPlanner?

I am working on a design for a partner that calls for ePMP MP 3000 MicroPoP. The challenge I am running into when modeling the design in LINKPlanner that the ePMP MP MicroPoP as an AP is only providing the option with a 120 degree antenna selection. Double-checking the datasheet and the antenna is an omni-directional (360 degree) antenna.

Is there another way to have the ePMP 3000 MicroPoP come up/be modeling within LINKPlanner to double-check the overall design? Or will this be a part of a future LINKPlanner update?

Change the angle from 120 to 360 manually.

Although the antenna is listed as omni it does not have equal gain across the 360 degrees and is optimal in the default 120 degree arc shown in LINKPlanner. If you extend this out to 360 degrees you may notice that some subscribers at similar ranges have different levels of performance depending on their position with respect to the MicroPop. The orientation (antenna azimuth) of the MicroPop is therefore more important than usually expected for an omni antenna.

Although the antenna is listed as omni it does not have equal gain across the 360 degrees and is optimal in the default 120 degree arc shown in LINKPlanner. If you extend this out to 360 degrees you may notice that some subscribers at similar ranges have different levels of performance depending on their position with respect to the MicroPop. The orientation (antenna azimuth) of the MicroPop is therefore more important than usually expected for an omni antenna.

As I wrote in one of the posts. I already have several implementations of this solution and I do not confirm the weaker performance depending on the direction of SM location. The system works fairly homogeneously within a radius of 360. The only thing you should pay attention to when installing it is not to cover the upper part of the AP’s back through the mast tube.

The only thing you should pay attention to when installing it is not to cover the upper part of the AP’s back through the mast tube.

@PFR
Hi there, could you post some images? I am not clear what you meant.