ePMP Release 2.4.3 is now available

Release 2.4.3 adds the following features:

• L3 Routing on the SM (Ability to create Static Routes and IP Aliases without NAT).
  • Multiple User Login on GUI
  • 4.9 GHz support under Country “Other”
  • Ability to disable the SM’s primary Ethernet port
  • Ability to disable factory default through power reset sequence
  • Added Login page for the GUI where it does not display the dashboard parameters
  • Temporarily removed the dashboard throughput graph (To be added back in a later release)
  • Performance Enhancements (under the hood):
    • Improvements to UL latency enhancing TCP throughput under interference
    • Improvements to Rate Adapt mechanism in ePTP mode
    • Memory optimizations

The software can be downloaded at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

5 Likes

Post your discussion questions on this thread, and we will share all the details:

• Release Notes are HERE

Hi.  I was running 2.4.3rc16 beta, and I just upgraded to 2.4.3.  When the AP rebooted, it's set to UNITED STATES instead of what it was set  on (I'm in Canada) and I can't choose a carrier - which means that the SM's can't register.

EDIT:  I rebooted the AP twice, and this  time I was able to change Country Code, and then pick a carrier.  I also had upgraded the firware twice (to do both active / backup banks) so this is 2.4.3 for sure on every reboot.

So, at the moment, it's corrected itself.  :)

@ninedd wrote:

Hi.  I was running 2.4.3rc16 beta, and I just upgraded to 2.4.3.  When the AP rebooted, it's set to UNITED STATES instead of what it was set  on (I'm in Canada) and I can't choose a carrier - which means that the SM's can't register.

EDIT:  I rebooted the AP twice, and this  time I was able to change Country Code, and then pick a carrier.  I also had upgraded the firware twice (to do both active / backup banks) so this is 2.4.3 for sure on every reboot.

So, at the moment, it's corrected itself.  :)

Let us know how the features perform in your network. We always appreciate any photos or screen shots of the speed you are seeing.

i'm digging the ui/gui responsivness and the ethernet data turn off. I will try to see what throughput advancments it will have in eptp mode.

thanks for the hard work guys.

now make me a epmp 1000 intergrated with an 18dbi antenna and a gige port. charge me 150 dollars

@John Ockert wrote:

i'm digging the ui/gui responsivness and the ethernet data turn off. I will try to see what throughput advancments it will have in eptp mode.

thanks for the hard work guys.

now make me a epmp 1000 intergrated with an 18dbi antenna and a gige port. charge me 150 dollars

Something like a Nanobridge would be awesome!

Sit tight guys... some of your wishes might be granted here very soon... wink wink.

1 Like

upgraded a couple of integrated ones doing ptp link. more frecuencies are always welcome(ROW).

there is already a force 110ptp with a giga port....

I just upgraded from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 and it made my ptmp link unstable the sm would drop packets yet i would still be registered at the ap. i could not access the sm from the ethernet side.

Yes i did upgrade the ap and the sm both were rebooted, this forced me to reload the 2.4.2 firmware.

Hi!

When are you going to add a frequency list for ACS?

Thanks!

1 Like

I upgraded all our units exept Ap's at the moment. Seems to have all gone well excpet I have one radio that goes down in the veening and comes abkc up in the morning when the solar batteries are charged. ( remote customer site) and it appears that when it came back up it associated for a little while then dropped off never to come on line again? we went out yesterday and the SM had reset itself to factory defaults?

I configured it again and got it back online it was strange.

I thought this firmware in the release notes there was an option to disable reset on power cyle? if so where do I find it in the gui?

Thanks

@accelwireless wrote:

I upgraded all our units exept Ap's at the moment. Seems to have all gone well excpet I have one radio that goes down in the veening and comes abkc up in the morning when the solar batteries are charged. ( remote customer site) and it appears that when it came back up it associated for a little while then dropped off never to come on line again? we went out yesterday and the SM had reset itself to factory defaults?

I configured it again and got it back online it was strange.

I thought this firmware in the release notes there was an option to disable reset on power cyle? if so where do I find it in the gui?

Thanks

Hi, 

You can disable the option to factory reset using power cycle sequence under Tools->Backup/Restore. 

Thanks,

Sriram

ePMP will now do 4.9 Ghz. with this new firmware.  I see the Force antenna can go to 4.9 Ghz., but if I need an omni for 4.9 Ghz., does Cambium have a recommended antenna?

I have just upgraded a PTP Force 110  working in a PTP in ePTP Slave mode from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 (Country code OTHER).

After rebooting I found that I cannot set the device to work in  ePTP Slave mode: everytime I attempt to do it, after saving the confihuration, I get the error message that there are no available frequencies for this mode (" No frequencies available. ePTP mode is not supported for this Country due to DFS/regulatory requirements.").

I had to re-install the 2.4.2 and all is ok now.

Is there a workaround to solve this problem?

1 Like

Hi . I upgrade Epmp 1000 Force 110 To 2.4.3 and select other country in Country list but i can use only 4920 - 5865 Frequnce . I can not use frequnce upper 5865 . i need use frequnce between 5900 - 6100 .

Thanks

seems  that first radios are not calibrated for those frecuencies. try to buy from a newer lot.

1 Like

whats youre means about newr lot

The first radios to be made, in late 2013 and early 2014 were not factory calibrated for the 6-6.4 band. 

This calibration step was added in mid-late 2014, so the newer lots feature 6-6.4 bands in the frequency selection, but the early ones do not.

2 Likes

@ik8jsv wrote:

I have just upgraded a PTP Force 110  working in a PTP in ePTP Slave mode from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3 (Country code OTHER).

After rebooting I found that I cannot set the device to work in  ePTP Slave mode: everytime I attempt to do it, after saving the confihuration, I get the error message that there are no available frequencies for this mode (" No frequencies available. ePTP mode is not supported for this Country due to DFS/regulatory requirements.").

I had to re-install the 2.4.2 and all is ok now.

Is there a workaround to solve this problem?

Hi, 

Are you using an EU radio? If so, this may be a bug in 2.4.3. Contact our support staff at http://www.cambiumnetworks.com/support/contact-support and they will provide you a fix release. 

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Like

@Ben Royer wrote:

ePMP will now do 4.9 Ghz. with this new firmware.  I see the Force antenna can go to 4.9 Ghz., but if I need an omni for 4.9 Ghz., does Cambium have a recommended antenna?

Hi Ben, 

We currently don't have any recommendations for an Omni in 4.9 GHz. I hope someone in the community can advice based on thier experience. 

I know that @Guilherme was actively testing 4.9 GHz during the beta period. Perhaps you can PM him for recommendations?

Thanks,

Sriram