ePMP Release 4.3.1 is now available for the ePMP Force 300 and PTP 550

ePMP Release 4.3.1 is now available for the ePMP Force 300 and PTP 550.  The Software can be downloaded at:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/ptp550/

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

Hi team,

Just did an upgrade on my F300 and am getting this on my sm. I have tried all i know but would not come up. Ca not see the Ap anymore on the Monitor wireless.Kind of the sm closed its ears.

What does your wireless tab show? My units will not connect unless I have a better than -65 RSSI. Will show "registering" forever. 

@ricrealtek wrote:

Just did an upgrade on my F300 and am getting this on my sm.

Isn't "hold off" what the AP says when it's lost GPS Link? What is your "Synchronization Holdoff Time" set to?  Maybe try setting the AP's GPS to "internal" temporarily, just to see what happens.

I installed this version 4.3.1 last night on a couple Force300's backhaul that are in TDD PTP mode.  They came back up and are working well from what I can see.  This Force300 link had previously been running 4.3-RC51 with an uptime of about 3 months.

In 75%/25% and 40Mhz channels, these Force300's carry about 314 Mbit aggregate = 242Mbit downlink, 72 Mbit uplink.

I -think- my SM's displayed this on the Home page while the Wireless page displayed "registering" endlessly.

@CWB wrote:

What does your wireless tab show? My units will not connect unless I have a better than -65 RSSI. Will show "registering" forever. 

That's what I'm seeing as well.  Preferably into the 50's before they will want to link solidly.  On the upside, I've connected Force180's and Force300's to the same e3K AP, and they seem to behave well enough together. Pumping data to two different generation of SM's at the same time, and the 'air fairness' does an excellent job in sharing the data between them equaly.

@ninedd wrote:

@CWB wrote:

That's what I'm seeing as well.  Preferably into the 50's before they will want to link solidly.  On the upside, I've connected Force180's and Force300's to the same e3K AP, and they seem to behave well enough together. Pumping data to two different generation of SM's at the same time, and the 'air fairness' does an excellent job in sharing the data between them equaly.

I can connect in mid 60's but it is sluggish and takes a while. Like you, I need to be at a 60 or into the 50's before I get a quick, solid connection. 

Judging by Cambiums response to my post in this topic it does not look like they were aware of this issue at that time. Maybe they will see now that at least 2 of us are experiencing the same issue. 

1 Like

In 5 minutes of updating the Lan of an antenna was blocked.

@CWB wrote:

OK, I've had some better results now that I do more testing.  With 4.3.1 on the e3K AP, and with 4.3.1 on the Force300's, and with 4.3.1-RC26 in 'compatibility mode' on the ePMP1000 SM, Force180 SM, Force190 SM, and Force200 SM - I've had pretty good results.  Actually - amazing results I think. :) 

1 Like

I have 3 brand new ePMP 3000 ap's  running latest 4.3.1 firmware.

I have no customers on them. they have been online and running since sunday however today I can not login to 2 of them  the webpage says  General error occurred  when I login using ssh it just closes the connection after i type in the password.

is this a known bug with the current firmware when will the next beta be released?

There has been a 'memory leak' reported that Cambium has said is issolated and they have the fix for - I don't know if that's what you're running into, but possibly.  I'm suspect of that cause because I have some which have been online for over a week with a half dozen clients connected, and no 'memory leak' issue affecting me.  Actually - I've found the ePMP3000 and Force300's very stable, despite still working through early and beta software.  In any event, it seems odd that you'd have 2 doing that in just 2 days, when I haven't had any of mine do that in testing or in the wild.   Hmmm...

Just to issolate what you're seeing... have you tried it with a different browser?  For me, I usually use Chrome, but occasionally when I'm suspecting it might be a cache issue or something like that, I'll pop up Microsoft Edge and connect with that, just to see if the behavior is the same or not.

it does not seem to matter which browser i use I have tried chrome, firefox, edge and Internet Explorer all have the same message. it seems to happen every 2 - 3 days.

Maybe this should be more in a Feature Suggestion area, I don't know.  But - since the Cambium changed to the Inactivity Logout system, I find that makes monitoring AP's or SM's of interest a pain.  So, I realize that Cambium has added the ability to per-session disable the Inactivity logout... which is apparently how this will be handled going forward.

SO - my suggestion is to have that checkbox or radio-button right on the main login screen.  It should have UserName, Password, and (*) Inactivity Logout Disabled right there... that would simplify things for situations where you don't want to have an Inactivity Logout.  I find it a pain to have to hunt to CONFIGURATION -> SYSTEM -> INACTIVE LOGOUT again and again, every single time I log into every AP.  If it was ALSO available as a checkbox on the main login screen, that would simplify things, rather than being buried a couple menus deep.

1 Like