ePMP Release 4.4.2 is now available

Thanks for the explanation. I might be wrong in which version this option became available in the UI. I will also verify if any changes were introduced in the ethernet subsytem that can lead to this behaviour.

Thanks,

Dmitry

I suspect there might be a memory leak in 4.4.2 i have had modules randomly stop connecting to cnMaestro when i investigate i can reach and login to some of the modules that show down. however a few wont let me login the show General Error message. and others down respond until they are physically rebooted.

Up to 3.5.6 my 2.4Ghz SM's had no issue reporting to cnMaestro. Upgrading to 4.4.1, many would not connect to cnMaestro. Upgraded to 4.4.2 and still have a few 2.4Ghz SM's that will not reconnect to cnMaestro no matter what I do. One of these SM's have been up for over 2 years and -always- reported to cnMaestro with no issues until upgrading to 4.4.1.

Also....I have two 3000's that would/will not take the upgrade. Same issue I had in past. Perform upgrade, reboot, GUI refreshes in a few minutes with log in windwos. Log in and find 3000 still has firmware that was already installed (4.4.1 in this case) in both banks. Try to upgrade again, and it gives the "SW Update already running" error message. Reboot AP from GUI, AP seems to reboot but does not (ping -t during reboot is how I know). Unit will not reboot using CLI. I think Ninedd said he just power cycled his switch port and then his 3000 either came up with new firmware installed or would take the new firmware. I have not been that brave. I have let the AP's run this through their system and then upgrade once the error message is gone. This has been the longest I have had to wait yet for the "SW Update already running" message to disappear....going on 60+ hours now. 

CWB said: I think Ninedd said he just power cycled his switch port and then his 3000 either came up with new firmware

Yes, I’ve had lots that did this. As long as I’m confident that I’ve waited long enough so that it IS really finished it’s writing, then I have power cycled them remotely with no problems (Knock Wood). If it is that situation where it says it’s rebooting, but it can’t/doesn’t reboot… then I have had no problem power cycling.

Any update on the session disconnect issue?

@ninedd wrote:
CWB said: I think Ninedd said he just power cycled his switch port and then his 3000 either came up with new firmware

Yes, I've had lots that did this. As long as I'm confident that I've waited long enough so that it IS really finished it's writing, then I have power cycled them remotely with no problems (Knock Wood). If it is that situation where it says it's rebooting, but it can't/doesn't reboot... then I have had no problem power cycling.

I hope we addressed this issue in 4.4.2 and going forward.

Dmitry

@anthonyw wrote:

Any update on the session disconnect issue?

Hi,

I encourage you to open a support ticket. Not all the disconnects are create equal and our support team will help to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Thansk,
Dmitry