EPMP smart antenna seems to quit working??

We have had these epmp units for about 8+ months now and they seem to be working okay but now we RARELY if at all see the smart antenna being used. It never seems to get used by the AP to listen to our client radios. YES we are on 3.4.1 .

We have tried GPS sync on and off 20 mhz and 40 mhz wide channels Flex mode etc we have tried it all. 

Seems that a reboot or chhanel changes make it appear to work for a little time anywhere from 10 min to 10 hours then it just defaults back to using the sector only. We dont want to have to "FORCE" the smart antenna but it seems that we may have to unless this is a bad idea?

Has anyone else seen this? we are in a crowded noise area but I thought this was what these units thrived on was cutting thru the noise by using the "Smart Antenna".. Signals all seem to be great to excellent? if the signal is to good does it not use the smart antenna? Right now GPS is off and still no smart antenna

Any thoughts?

@accelwireless wrote:

We have had these epmp units for about 8+ months now and they seem to be working okay but now we RARELY if at all see the smart antenna being used. It never seems to get used by the AP to listen to our client radios. YES we are on 3.4.1 .

We have tried GPS sync on and off 20 mhz and 40 mhz wide channels Flex mode etc we have tried it all. 

Seems that a reboot or chhanel changes make it appear to work for a little time anywhere from 10 min to 10 hours then it just defaults back to using the sector only. We dont want to have to "FORCE" the smart antenna but it seems that we may have to unless this is a bad idea?

Has anyone else seen this? we are in a crowded noise area but I thought this was what these units thrived on was cutting thru the noise by using the "Smart Antenna".. Signals all seem to be great to excellent? if the signal is to good does it not use the smart antenna? Right now GPS is off and still no smart antenna

Any thoughts?

Hi Martin,

Could you please contact me at Fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetworks(dot)com on this issue?

You know that system always select antenna it expect to have higher throughput with.

Did you try to perform Wireless Link Test with through Smart Antenna and Through Sector?

Which results did you obtain?

Thank you.

A few of our APs do this. Seems the sector works a little better when there is no noise. In noisy areas the smart antennas are busy.

We only have 2 ePMP 2000 up so far. None of the SMs use the Smart Antenna.

Is this just a waste of money for us?

We are planning to upgrade 20 more sites soon. 

@ElbowWilham wrote:

Are you using the Cambium's 90/120 OEM antenna with the BSA?

@ElbowWilham wrote:

Hi,

Could you please check whether BSA is connected properly and operates?

Please check "Smart Antenna" parameter on Home page and "Device initializatio status" on Monitor -> Wireless page.

Thank you.

I have one AP that says "Smart Antenna is Disconnected, Power On"

Our shows: "Smart Antenna is Connected, Power On"

@Cheree King wrote:

Hi,

Probably you have incorrectly connected Smart Antenna to ePMP2000.

Please make sure BSA is connected to ePMP2000 acoordingly with User Guide.

Vertcal Polarization port on device connected to V port on Antenna, and Horizontal to H.

Thank you.

@ElbowWilham wrote:

Our shows: "Smart Antenna is Connected, Power On"

And which Device Initialization status is displyed on Monitor -> Wireless page?

Also please check Smart Antenna Disconnects parameter on Monitor -> Performance page.

Thank you.

@Fedor wrote:

@Cheree King wrote:

Hi,

Probably you have incorrectly connected Smart Antenna to ePMP2000.

Please make sure BSA is connected to ePMP2000 acoordingly with User Guide.

Vertcal Polarization port on device connected to V port on Antenna, and Horizontal to H.

Thank you.

The installers say it connected the same as all the others. This just happened within the last month. The antenna has been installed for about 6 months.

Cheree King wrote:

The installers say it connected the same as all the others. This just happened within the last month. The antenna has been installed for about 6 months.

Possibly some mechanical impact caused Smart Antenna disconnect.

Please check pigtails and connections on both sides ePMP2000 and Smart Antenna.

Thank you.

I know this is old, but we have the same issue.  It seems like it is corrected by being on higher frequency like 5700 - 5800 but any revised rules or DFS it does not use the smart antenna?