ePMP Software Release 2.6.1 is now available

ePMP Software Release 2.6.1 is now available at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/epmp/

Warning

ePMP radios running System Release 2.1 or earlier cannot be directly upgraded to System Release 2.6.1. Please upgrade to System Release 2.6 first, then upgrade to System Release 2.6.1. Stepping through System Release 2.6 is not required if the ePMP radio is running System Release 2.2 or later.

System Release 2.6.1 is a maintenance release and includes the following defect fixes:

• Fix for reboots under cold temperature
    • An issue related to DDR (memory) timing was exposed under cold ambient temperatures (below -5°C). This issue impacts only a specific set of MAC addresses that were manufactured. However, this issue is resolved by adjusting the timing of the DDR in software for stable operation, in all temperatures for which ePMP is rated for.   
  • Fix where the radio, when in TDD mode, may crash under heavy traffic. This is due to improper handling of packets in the software (Null pointer). 
  • Fix for an issue where, when in TDD mode, AP may not transmit once the NOP timer expires after a DFS radar hit.
  • Fix for an issue where, on occasion in ePTP mode after several days of normal operation, the link drops and does not recover. A reboot of the Master or Slave is required to recover the link. 
  • Fixed an issue with RADIUS authentication where SMs will randomly disconnect on a loaded sector.
  • Fixed an issue with RADIUS authentication where the AP will stop sending data to some SMs after re-authentication.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the AP would detect a false radar hit on a DFS channel and stop transmission or move to an alternate channel (if configured).
  • Fixed an issue where occasionally a config push from cnMaestro will not complete successfully.
  • Fixed an issue where on occasion, cnMaestro is not able to determine the parent AP of an SM.
6 Likes

If a radio is 2.1 and you try to update to 2.6.1, will you get a warning/will it not work?  Will it damage the radio?

Not a warning. The software upgrade will simply fail and you will see an error message in the notifications icon drop down, up on the right corner of the top blue bar. There will be no damage to the radio.

Thanks,
Sriram

1 Like

Any chance we can get a TDD split of something between 50/50 and 75/25?  75/25 is so close to being what we want but the upload isn't quiter there....   maybe a 70/30 or 65/35 would be fantastic.  Any reason this number can't just be input like the PMP450 equipment?  Thanks

@carullos wrote:

Any chance we can get a TDD split of something between 50/50 and 75/25?  75/25 is so close to being what we want but the upload isn't quiter there....   maybe a 70/30 or 65/35 would be fantastic.  Any reason this number can't just be input like the PMP450 equipment?  Thanks

Hi carullos, 

There are no immediate plans to add more ratios. I can see that you already posted this in our ideas section. Thank you for that. In the meantime, have you considered using Flexible mode where it dynamically adjusts duty cycle based on traffic demand in each direction? That is of course only if you are not looking into synchronizing APs. 

Thanks,

Sriram

2 Likes

good. I see an Implemented support for wifi, but my question is Whether you can use to EPMP access point and clients as other brands, I work well antler migrating or has a limit in That option With other manufacturers as customers

Epmp hardware can be used as a WiFi AP or client, if that's what you're asking.  I wouldn't suggest using the GPS capable devices as clients as that would be a waste of money and offer you little benefit if at all.

The Force200 is an amazing station device.

We need them to sync so flexible mode isn't really a good option.  Maybe the 2000 series will get me the additional uplink I need :)   But please consider adding one more scheduling option it would really help.  Thanks

Dang 4 months without an update, where's our new stuff?

@jluthman wrote:

Dang 4 months without an update, where's our new stuff?

Lotsa new stuff.  :)

1 Like