ePMP Syslog not working on Force 300-13L (version: 4.6.1)

This feature isn’t working for me, is there any well-known bug? (This comment was originally posted on: ePMP: Configuring AP System Logging (Syslog))

For more context: I’ve an rsyslog server in which I’m collecting logs, I tried to enable the logserver in a Force 300-13L device but isn’t working, despite reboots and different levels of logging I’m not receiving anything.

I tried to enable this feature on a cnPilot device and it’s working properly.

So, I’m wondering if there is any bug on the ePMP firmware?

Are you entering an IP address or a hostname for the syslog server? If it’s a hostname, could you try an IP address instead?

I’m using an IP address that is reachable for the SMs (I checked it with ping and traceroute)

I assume there’s nothing in the on-device logs to suggest why it’s not working?

The only other thing I can suggest is running a packet capture to see if there are any syslog packets coming out at all.

I recommend raising a ticket:

I will raise a ticket. A couple of questions before doing so:

1. Is the only think I have to do to “enter the IP” and save and reboot? (Do I need to reboot?)
  2. Is ePMP using the default 514 port? UDP or TCP?

Thanks!

I don’t know the answer to either of these, I’m afraid. I would guess that it uses the standard port, based on this;

…but I don’t know if it is UDP or TCP. This post suggests that it is UDP port 514:

syslog can use either udp or tcp on port 514.

Syslog as a service yes, but who knows what protocol is the ePMP firmware using to send traffic.

I’m fairly certain it’s UDP.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.