epmp with a sticker on top of another one

We bouhgt emp1000 that their radio packs have two labels ( Sticker on top of another one).
The top sticker states PN as C050900A023A, however, Underneath is C050900A211A.

Can anyone clarify this relabeling? Our client suspects these might be fake units.

Hi Kevin,

C050900A211A is ePMP 1000: 5 GHz Connectorized Radio with Sync (ROW) (EU cord)

so this unit is with equipped with GPS receiver and can be used for PMP or PTP sync solution. It has aluminium sink, one ETHERNET 1Gbit port and one SMA connector for GPS external antenna under plastic cover.

As iit is RoW version it covers frequencies from 4.91 to 5.98 GHz. Can be powered from 22 to 56V DC including 802.3af PoE.

C050900A023A is ePMP 1000: 5 GHz Connectorized Radio (EU)

this unit is full plastic cover (no aluminium sink!) with 2x 100BaseT ETHERNET ports under plastic cover.

This is EU version so hardware supports frequencies from 4.91 to 5.88GHz. Can be only powered by Cambium/Canopy PoE 12-30V ('-' on blue pair, '+' on brown pair).

Of course aluminium one is heavier.

Hope this helps.

ePMPMaster

sounds like you may have purchased a repaired 5g sync radio, and they used the plastic bottom from another radio and relabeled it. Though between the numbers as mentioned above would be different, would either have a second ethernet connection or a gps connection

I don't remember if it was cambium or ubiquiti but 3 or 4 years ago there was some radios we were buying that had one sticker on top of another... The radios were originally mis-stickered at the factory or something and then re-stickered at the warehouse with the correct stickers (it was obviously a rush job done by people that didn't care if the stickers were sideways, didn't line up or upside down).  I'm thinking then it was just FCC radios mislabeled as EU radios or something.  So it very well could be something like that.

Here you have a sticker for a $80 radio over the sticker for a $500 radio and two different regulatory entities. 

If the radio has 2 Ethernet ports then it's the $80 EU radio, if it has 1 Ethernet port and an SM connector (looks like  one of the antenna ports on the top of the radio) then it's a $500 ROW radio.  So I guess it comes down do whether or not you got the radio you paid for.

I also saw enother sticker on top of another on ePMP2000, but I really don't care, as long is a working AP that I paid for. :)