ePTP mode compatibility

ePTP mode on 802.11ac radios is not compatible with ePTP mode on 802.11n radios.

ePMP 802.11n radios can communicate to ePMP 802.11n radios only and ePMP 802.11ac radios can communicate to ePMP 802.11ac radios only.

Thank you.

Hi Fedor, not sure if this is the right post but , we have tried a pair of force300-25 using the new eptp mode (firmware4.5). PtP link, heavy traffic on 20mhz channel, around 100mbps down, using 75/25 scheduler. It worked fine, impressive until the traffic went up over 100mbps, with low traffic fine. When traffic was heavy, the link became unusable. We had to go back to TDD mode instead and every thing back to normal  (with normal latency for TDD over 10-12 ms). ePTP mode did not work for us.

@dimas j perez wrote:

...with low traffic fine. When traffic was heavy, the link became unusable...

Same with us.  We intially were very impressed - but after using this mode more, it's nothing like ePTP on the 1000/2000 was.  It actually feels like it performs like regular WiFi gear - performance drops off at distance, and performance drops off with two way traffic (ie - upload kills the download... way more than just 'flexible' frame).  And - with no forward/backward compatibility - it's pretty much another deal-in-the-water feature.

That being said - we have been impressed and pleased with 75%/25% TDD Mode... Force300c paired with 2' antennas in TDD mode have worked better for us than whatever the new 'EPTP(ish)' mode is.

@ninedd wrote:

@dimas j perez wrote:

...with low traffic fine. When traffic was heavy, the link became unusable...

Same with us.  We intially were very impressed - but after using this mode more, it's nothing like ePTP on the 1000/2000 was.  It actually feels like it performs like regular WiFi gear - performance drops off at distance, and performance drops off with two way traffic (ie - upload kills the download... way more than just 'flexible' frame).  And - with no forward/backward compatibility - it's pretty much another deal-in-the-water feature.

That being said - we have been impressed and pleased with 75%/25% TDD Mode... Force300c paired with 2' antennas in TDD mode have worked better for us than whatever the new 'EPTP(ish)' mode is.

Hello,

We would be happy to investigate the issue you were facing with ePTP mode on 11ac radios.

If you can show us the issue and provide remote access that would work perfect for us.

We didn't notice such kind of issues during the testing in the lab and on the test setups in a field.

Thnak you.

1 Like

NO worries, I can do that. Please let me know what to do.

@dimas j perez wrote:

NO worries, I can do that. Please let me know what to do.

I've sent a letter to you with more details.

Thank you.

Hi;

Interested in the follow-up or verdict in this.  Was there a resolution to these issues?  It will be great to know how this series works in the best possible mode for a PTP solution.

@Lincs_Chel wrote:

Hi;

Interested in the follow-up or verdict in this.  Was there a resolution to these issues?  It will be great to know how this series works in the best possible mode for a PTP solution.

We are in progress with the investigation.

I will update the thread once we have any resolution.

Thank you.

1 Like