Error in cnMaestro

AP and all devices successfully connected and authorized in CBRS.  So why does cnMaestro show a "HALT - 400[Inside exclusion zone]"

cnMaestroError.jpg

Since you mentioned AP and devices are successfully connected and authorized in CBRS, I assume that you might have already synced from the cnMaestro admin tool. Once the sync is done, the status shown on cnMaestro admin tool could be old. 

Was the sync button clicked for the AP on the cnMaestro admin tool? When the sync was done, was the state authorized or HALT as seen in the scrreen shot?

I don't believe that I ever saw it say authorized.  When you log into the AP, it showes everything authorized.

So, I have now activated my second AP in CBRS.  (What a nightmare it is to get this going).  So, I turned on CBRS in the AP; I reboot the AP; (Once the AP comes back) I have all devices selected for that AP in cnMaestro and click "Start"; cnMaestro gave me an error message (sorry dont remember); so I clicked the "Sync" button next to the AP and tell it "yes" "to start CBRS"; AP gets authorized along with a few SM's; at this point I lose access to the AP via web browser (internal error).

I can now only watch from cnMaestro.  It gets where it almost has all SM's online, and then they all start falling off.  I still can't get to the AP through a web browser (even tried through remote access to a different computer) "Internal Error".  So, I use cnMaestro to reboot the AP and the process starts all over again.  This time it works and all radios reconnect.  Once all radios successfully connect, I can then get back to the AP via web browser 1.5 hours later.

This is the same process I went through with the first AP i put into CBRS with the exception that the first time took 3 reboots.  Now cnMaestro shows this second AP and all its SM's as Un-registered.  Oy, what is going on?

By the time I had written the above post, everything had fallen off again and I was back to being unable to access my AP via web browser.  Web browser only shows (internal error).  It appears that I am getting a "CBRS_GRANT_SUSPEND".  I have no idea why as this is a completely clean frequency that I scanned via AP and several SM's before using.  I also have no idea why the AP would become un-reachable during the CBRS process and if it gets an error.  Sadly, I had to turn CBRS back off as I am now into production time and had to get customers back online.

Thanks for providing further details. I see that you turned on CBRS on the AP first and then started on the cnMaestro. We recommend to have the AP and SMs imported on cnMaestro admin tool first and start the CBRS procedure and let it go to authorized, and then sync. Once sync is done, it will automatically enable CBRS. This can help to reduce the downtime to the minimum.

Since the error came when you clicked Start and you did Sync, the AP does all the CBRS process and gets authorized. That is why you would see it as 'Unregistered' in the cnMaestro admin tool, as I mentioned in the last post that it could be 'old'. The current status if its registered is shown in the 'Domain proxy view' tab of the cnMaestro (cloud).

Now coming to the issue of Internal Error, there is a similar known issue with PMP 450 APs on 16.2 version. Are the devices running 16.2 software? If so I would recommend to update to the latest 16.2.1 BETA version, if possible. 

1 Like

The CBRS_GRANT_SUSPEND state is totally administered by the SAS. Mostly this would be momentary and the radios would get back to Authorized soon. And the most common case of Grant Suspend is the CPAS case which is an overnight calculation of interference conditions across SAS'es, which could happen on the first day of starting CBRS on a device. The cnMaestro admin tool is useful to get around this CPAS delays.

The SAS as well as the radios are not capable of automatically moving to another available channel, so if at all the Suspended grant situation persists for long time, and its not CPAS case, a manual frequency change may be required.

Thanks for the quick responses.  I have been able to successfully get all my AP's connected with the SAS.  I tried to perform the operation as you described.  It wouldn't work that way at all for an AP I had already tried to activate.  It just gave me an error that the device was already synced. 

This last AP, I missed the part of waiting for everything to say "authorized".  I am guessing the idea is to start the process and give it as much as a day to get done before clicking the sync button.  Growing pains

Thanks again for the help

1 Like

I just tried to add my first AP to SAS and have received the same error message HALT (400 inside exclusion zone). Luckily, I have one sector that doesn't have any SMs attached, so I can afford to experiment. After reading the comments here, I didn't see an answer as to what that error means nor how to resolve it. Can anyone elaborate? I am searching the FCC site for an explanation.

If you're comfortable discussing this publicly, where is the AP located?

If not, please open a support ticket and we can help you that way...

It's located in Roswell, NM. I've tried another sector on the same tower, and got the same error. We've had 3.65 working there for almost five years. I cut two sectors over in Lovington, NM with no problem whatever, so I'm just wondering how to interpret and fix the error message.

RP

Did you make your CBRS adjustments directly to your AP's first and then attempted the changes in cnMaestro?  If so, it will give you this error.

If you used cnMaestro to make the changes, did you get all the devices imported, select them all, click "start", and then waited for all devices to show authorized before clicking the "sync" button on the AP to start CBRS.

From what I gathered (and I didn't get it right for my AP's either), there's a very specific process and cnMaestro can't figure out the status if you don't follow it precisely.  Despite the fact that all my AP's and SM's mostly say Halt, they are all in CBRS and working well.  I have even adjusted channels a couple of times since.  cnMaestro still shows Halt because I didnt let it register and get authorization prior to sync'ing up my AP's.  I imagine like most things, there's still a few fixes to cnMaestro that are needed to get it working smoothly with CBRS.

I did make that mistake on the first one, but then read your earlier post and revised my evil ways. The second one that shows "Halt" was performed in the manner you suggested. The two that came up as "Authorized" were brought on just as you outlined as well, so I'm hoping it's not a spectrum issue since the ones that came up good were in a different town.

RP,

Most of New Mexico is in a DPA (Dynamic Protection Area), including Roswell, so that could be the reason for the HALT status you're seeing. Did you check out the spectrum inquiry to ensure that the requested frequency is available? 

Also, regarding best practices for implementing CBRS, Matt, Dave, and Lucia put on a great webinar on this very topic. You can watch the video as a refresher here .

@MSImax wrote:

RP

Did you make your CBRS adjustments directly to your AP's first and then attempted the changes in cnMaestro?  If so, it will give you this error.

If you used cnMaestro to make the changes, did you get all the devices imported, select them all, click "start", and then waited for all devices to show authorized before clicking the "sync" button on the AP to start CBRS.

From what I gathered (and I didn't get it right for my AP's either), there's a very specific process and cnMaestro can't figure out the status if you don't follow it precisely.  Despite the fact that all my AP's and SM's mostly say Halt, they are all in CBRS and working well.  I have even adjusted channels a couple of times since.  cnMaestro still shows Halt because I didnt let it register and get authorization prior to sync'ing up my AP's.  I imagine like most things, there's still a few fixes to cnMaestro that are needed to get it working smoothly with CBRS.

I'm having a similar issue at the moment as well... AP and SM's are all authorized and working fine.... but cnMaestro shows the AP as "unregistered" and the SM's in a "halt" state.