Error when adding classification rule

When I try to add a Classification Rule or a Provisioned Service Flows in the APs, I get the error message “Error: No Creation in RefID 2115”. Anybody go a solution? General background, I have upgraded the firmware of both the APs and the CPEs to e2.0 and Convergence Mode is L2-Bridge. Thanks for any help

Feel your pain. I’ve been pulling my hair out provisioning this equipment for weeks and fixed this with the help of a recent Webinar.

This only happens when using internal AAA.

Your fix is the temporarily De-register the connected CPE, and quickly add the service flow before it re-registers.

I accomplished this by having two tabs open in my browser. One that’s on Internal AAA / Provisioned service flows and the other tab showing Performance Monitor / Connected CPE so I can get to the De-register button.

Good luck. I’m currently trying to figure out why why when I associate my configured service flows to a SM the connection bounces. When I place it back to default the connection is stable???

I had the same issue with it bouncing. It has to do with the service flow creation. My error was in setting the burst rate higher than the sustained rate which will render the service flow invalid causing the SM to re-register continuously. My suggestion is to set a service flow as basic as possible at first such as one for both uplink and downlink. i use a 1Mb sustained, burst set to 1, and Best Effort and leave all other settings alone. Then slowly change things one by one to see where the problem lies in the service flow creation. Be sure to disable HARQ on subsequent service flows UNLESS it is need as per the explanation in the manual.

When trying to add a SF for an unregistered CSM via the GUI under Internal AAA - Provisioned Service Flows, I am getting “Error: Commit Failed in RefID 2115”. I just began configuring QoS today, so hopefully I am missing something simple. I have not successfully added a SF yet. I am entering the MAC of the CSM with colons, SF Index of 1, QoS Profile of 4, and Cls Profile of 1. The profiles are all valid. I sure don’t want to set up a AAA server just to get QoS going.

nucoles wrote:
My error was in setting the burst rate higher than the sustained rate which will render the service flow invalid causing the SM to re-register continuously. My suggestion is to set a service flow as basic as possible at first such as one for both uplink and downlink. i use a 1Mb sustained, burst set to 1, and Best Effort and leave all other settings alone. Then slowly change things one by one to see where the problem lies in the service flow creation. Be sure to disable HARQ on subsequent service flows UNLESS it is need as per the explanation in the manual.

Most likely your Qos profile and/or classification profile are incorrectly setup.

This gear is trying my patience…the AP was on the bench directly attached to my laptop when I posted earlier. Now it is installed as part of a full cluster on a tower, layer 2, with a management VLAN configured. Browser connectivity is now more miss than hit on all 4 AP’s, yet I can communicate with the CMM4 and CSM’s behind the AP’s just fine. I’d like to continue working on the QoS configuration, but find it very difficult when I can’t load the GUI. Pings to the AP’s are perfect, it’s just the GUI that’s killing me. No ethernet errors, either. The only thing I have done that might be considered non-standard is that I eliminated the fabulous EtherWAN switch completely, connecting each AP to a Cisco 3550 switch via the CMM4.

I guess the question is- has anyone experienced problems with the GUI? And figured it out??

Slight progress…in order to create a SF for a CSM, the MAC of the CSM must be in the “Authorized CPE List”, which makes sense. The “Allow unauthorized subscribers” option can be set either way.

As for the GUI, killing the power on the last AP I installed seems to have helped the GUI response with the other 3 AP’s, but it took some time to clear up, and I am not yet confident it will last. Once I am, I will try to restore defaults and reconfigure the 4th AP and report back.

be sure to disable flow control on ANY switch that a PMP320 AP is plugged into to.

Flow control is off by default on a Cisco 3550 FastEthernet interface. Thanks for the suggestion, though. The GUI response is back to poor again, so the 4th AP was not the problem. I found another thread with the same complaint. I see there is a webinar scheduled for Monday, so I’ve submitted a couple of questions. Hopefully we’ll all get some answers then.