ETH LAN side negotiate @10MB/half duplex always

Hello everyone,
How would you address the issue of radio frequency in the presence/colocation of radio and TV stations where the RF lowers network card of an ePMP1000  to negotiate 10Mb Half Duplex?

this is my issue and even if I've rtied to carry it 1 meter left or right the porbleme is still there.

This equipment is linked to an MK1100AHx2 GBport, and the job of working into it for the port negotiation ahs failed.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Sok

1 Like

Hi OC,

On ePMP device you have a Spectrum Analyser could you please run the Spectrum analyser and share the Report to Support@cambiumnetworks.com so we can open a ticket and address the issue and did you try and setting up the Ethernet Lan Port Speed and Port Duplex Mode Manually.
Here is how you can try to change this :

configuration ->  Network
check the attachment

Hi,

I've tried to turn on manually the data rate and I loss the antenna (as i'm not able to access the site anytime I need I prefer not to force to 10MB FD manually this time; sugg. if there is any option to turn to previous ETH config IF manually it doesn't work could be appreciated.) Now I'm sendin spectrum analyser back to support.

Sok.

Now, I'm trying to set the device in Spectrum Analyser mode but this is the output from shell:

The web interface is not reachable but i PING the device and access in ssh.

Atteched the images of what I wrote.

Here I'm not able to reboot the device from shell, this is the issue:

AP_PTP-Radio->Cologna>reboot

i: Bad object type: 1

AP_PTP-Radio->Cologna>

Hi OC,

Please update the Java and try to run the Spectrum Analysis  if not try to run the spectrum analysis from a different PC by accessing web GUI, also please tell me what is the firmware version that is running on the ePMP. I presume you are using the ePMP device, could you please tell me what type of ePMP are you using is it a GPS Sync radio or a connectrized  radio or Integrated radio.

The reason we are requesting the spectrum analysis data is because you have installed the device in a High interference area such as near TV station due to which lots of interference may be present.

Could you also share the frequency band and the channel bandwidth that you are using.

Hi OC, 

Please follw the below pin configuration and please let us know the feedback.

Side 1 of Ethernet cable:
white/orange
orange solid
white/green
blue solid
white/blue
green solid
white/brown
brown solid

Side 2 of Ethernet cable:
white/orange
orange solid
green solid
blue solid
white/blue
white/green
white/brown
brown solid

Regards,

Vivek 

Hello Sok,

Are you using shielded ethernet cabling? How long is the ethernet cable run? Do you have any other devices (i.e. surge suppressor) between the ePMP unit and the switch?

Using shielded ethernet cable should provide you better EMI rejection. The longest ethernet cable run we recommend is 100 meters.

Regards,

Luis

Hi Luis.

I'm Using double shielded (all pairs and every couple of pairs)cable @12 Meters long.

Sokol.

P.S.

It seems that changing fisically siwth not model is remaining UP  100mb fd in autonegotiation mode, forcing this switch side is not working properly...very strange.

Hi Vivek,

so you suggestion is to work on the pins for interference best solution or switch compatibility?

SOk

As you know or have figured out, the RF environment up a radio/TV broadcast tower can be a difficult challenge...  We have several clusters of APs and three backhauls on an FM tower, and have been successful after careful efforts.

As others say, good shielded cable and solid connections are a must as a starting point.  Ensure your surge protectors are reliable, well grounded, etc.  And try ferrite chokes at the ends of your ethernet runs.  http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/PMP-450-hell-on-FM-tower/m-p/36502 is a thread on essentially the same subject, though the OP was talking about PMP450 gear.

We just recently revamped that tower, actually, putting a custom-built 2'x2'x4' aluminum enclosure in place about 300ft up the tower, containing a 19" rackmount router, various POE injectors and backhaul IDUs - so far we're maintaining gigabit ethernet everywhere we expect it. (backhauls and CMM4 etherWAN switch, the three ePMP APs up there are NOT currently gigabit-capable, deriving POE and sync from the CMM4)

Disclaimer:  I'm the networking guy, not the RF guy.

j

1 Like

We had the same problem two units. We changed the power supply, router and measured fluke cable certification meter. Everything ok but still connected to 10Mb / s. After replacing the antenna with another piece, everything worked. But the antenna we brought to our office and suddenly teamed up to 100Mb / s.
1 Like

Same problem here with the new force 180.

We are going crazy behind this problem. Please check this issue.

@Mario_1 wrote:

Same problem here with the new force 180.

We are going crazy behind this problem. Please check this issue.

Mario_1,

Can you please elaborate whether you are having problems with the Force 180 reaching gigabit in a desktop environment or up on a tower with TV antennas? This thread is more about the tower with TV transmitters and how interference from that can impact reaching gigabit ethernet. 

This is not specific to Force 180.

However, if you are experiencing a link issue specifically with Force 180, the new SM (mounts horizontally) then please clarify? 

Thanks

Sakid

We are experiencing this issue on the new force 180, today we had the same problem on one new customer installation. We tried with and without auto-negotiation, but the result was the same. Network cable hooked to 10Mbit / s.

We resolved mounting the old cpe epmp1000.

Some info:

Cable lenght: 15mt

Shielded cable: no

Good quality cable: yes

Many thanks.

@Mario_1 wrote:

We are experiencing this issue on the new force 180, today we had the same problem on one new customer installation. We tried with and without auto-negotiation, but the result was the same. Network cable hooked to 10Mbit / s.

We resolved mounting the old cpe epmp1000.

Some info:

Cable lenght: 15mt

Shielded cable: no

Good quality cable: yes

Many thanks.

Mario,

@Probably best to give us a call so we understand a bit more of the details. I just walked over and used a Force 180 and powered it with an existing ePMP 1000 SM PoE and got 100BT and then tried a gigabit PoE and got 1000BT. It was connected directly to the PoE and then we used a netgear router in between. No issues. Entirely possible we have a faulty unit. Please email me offline with a number to call @ sakid.ahmed@cambiumnetworks.com

Sakid

1 Like

I registered for this site just to post this fix that we ran across after bumping our heads on it for a while...

SAME ISSUE... 10mb Full only... try andything else and it would throw errors.. auto negotiate would go back and fourth and then settle back to 10mb full.

Then we relaized that we were utilizing both the power injector AND using a cisco 2960s providing POE to the rest of the network. Well Duh.... we tunred off the POE to this cambium port and... BOOM... sets to 100mb Full.

We replicated this twice so we are confident (positive) that this was at least OUR issue.

Good luck and I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Hello, guys.

We had this same problem in a tower with tv transmitters and fm we tried everything including ferrites on the two ends of the cable none of that solved the problem, we were able to solve definitively by changing the cables of the 4 epmp 2000 by cables ubiquiti tough cable level 2, this cable has a level of shielding greater than the others, so problem was solving totally and we were able to connect in / 1000 the 4 epmp 2000.