Ethernet link toggling on and off...

Has anyone seen this? We have two clients where the ethernet link is toggling on and off. Both at the computer and in the radio. We’re assuming right now that the 300SS is shot, but this is the first time we’ve seen this symptom, and before we can roll the truck to fix the first one, there’s a second one. It’s flapping on and off about every 2-5 seconds.

I should mention that this follows the rather big ice storm that came through last Thursday.

So, have you seen this symptom before?

Never seen that… off the top of my head though, I would try turning off auto negotiate, and setting the link down to 10meg… dunno man…

Yes… seen the 300ss cause several problems similar to what you are describing… especially when they get wet but on other occasions also.
Also they seem to antennuate the signal or reduce the power to the radio not sure which but when taken out of the circuit the trouble went away…
Check the rj45 ends and see if they are blackened also the inside of the 300SS connectors. replace them if they are…

Thanks for the info, I’ll check the ends and try 10Mbit. I’ll also swap out the 300SS guts.

I’ll be going onsite tomorrow and I’ll post here once I’ve got more information…