EX2028-P switch SFP+ fiber ports problem

Hi fellows,

I have a network that i connected a switch (EX2028-P) to another switch (EX2010-P) through a fiber cable using 2
SFP single mode modules (GLC-SX-SMD) but i couldn't connect or ping from one switch to the other one. I know
that the (EX2028-P) switch has 10G SFP+ ports and the used modules were 1G SFP. So is this the reason for
miscommunication? & if that is the case and i will use SFP+ module what will be the case with the opposite switch
(EX2010-P) module that uses SFP module.

I also entered the L3 basic settings configuration and i found that the 4 fiber ports are up & also in the L3 port
control configuration i found no negotiation beside the 4 fiber ports (Ex0/1-Ex0/4) and when i try to change it to
Auto like the other 24 copper ports, I got an error message that says; (unable to process your request, check all
inputs).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

When you insert 1G SFP transceiver into EX2028-P SFP+ port, the switch will auto-detect and set the speed to 1G. Is the link LED up? Can you run the following commands on both EX2028 and EX2010.

show system info

show interface description

show interface transceivers

show interface status

Thanks.

No the link LED is down & as i mentioned before in the L3 port control configuration i found no negotiation option beside the 4 fiber ports (Ex0/1-Ex0/4) and when i try to change it to Auto like the other 24 copper ports, I got an error message that says; (unable to process your request, check all inputs).

As for the commands that you mentioned, i could try them when i go to the customer premises. Are there any other suggestiones to try as we need to end this problem ASAP to deliver the project final status.

Thanks in advance

I don't understand what you meant L3 port control configuration. Port speed is a physical property.

As I mentioned earlier autoneg is configurable only on RJ-45 ports, not fiber port. There is auto speed detection based on the type of transceiver used in the sfp+ port.

You can try to shut and no shut on sfp+ port to see if the link comes up. We have fixed an issue whereas certain sfp (1G) transceivers when connects to other vendor's switch does not properly detect link state. There is no known connectivity issue between Cambium switches.

I need to have the info I have asked earlier to analyze the problem. Is your customer's switch onboarded cnmaestro? If so, you can invite me to the account in order for me to run the CLI commands from cnMaestro to collect data.

We are also available for a remote session to look at your customer's setup. For a remote sesssion, between 7am-9am PST is good.