Factory Reset From Ground

How can I factory reset a epmp radio from the ground without physically being at the radio with a paper clip. Is there a adapter I can buy or make. 

1 Like

Hi pgator17, 

You can factory reset an ePMP radio from the ground using the power cycle sequence. The procedure is available in the user guide but I've copy pasted it below for convenience:

Thanks,

Sriram

Thanks, just getting my ducks in a row before I do my change over on Tuesday. 

Or if you are still able to access the radios GUI remotely, you can Factory Reset the unit under Tools-> Backup/Restore -> Reset To Factory Defaults. But I'm guessing you don't have access to the unit. 

Thanks,

Sriram

Where is the link to the latest user guide. I want to go through it to be sure my gps setup is correct. Also is there a way to test the gps setup to make sure the ap's are in sync

@pgator17 wrote:

Where is the link to the latest user guide. I want to go through it to be sure my gps setup is correct. Also is there a way to test the gps setup to make sure the ap's are in sync

Here's a link to the 2.6.2 user guide. GPS is pretty simple. On the system summary page on the top bar you will see a little satellite dish indicating if GPS is working (green) or not (gray). Again, on the summary page, it will show you the Sync Source Status and if it's up or not. Additionally, on the Monitor - GPS page, it will show you how many satellites are tracked and visible. Lastly, if you're using back to back frequency reuse with ePMP AP's, you'll want to make sure you're using the same downlink/uplink ratio, frame size, and max distance on both radios. Lastly, set one to be the 'front' and the other to be the 'back', it does not matter which one you designate as front or back, just as long as one is front and the other is back.

Additional information on GPS sync and frequency reuse can be found here:

ePMP ABAB frequency reuse deployment
ePMP Configuration in a Frequency Reuse Deployment

1 Like

do the ssids need to be the same as well, I can not connect any sm's unless the other is unplugged. I have them on the same items you mentioned just different ssids. GPS is green and the gps page shows tracking on all. If I unplug one of the ap's that are on the same channel the sm will connect to the other ap and vice verse. I am missing something. 

I am trying to do this through a Netonix box (also at top of tower) and I can't get the sequence to happen within the timing windows listed in the chart while tryign to do this from the base of the tower.

Anyone have any ideas? 2 sectors are fine, just the third I can't get into and need to reset.

@jdowlr wrote:

I am trying to do this through a Netonix box (also at top of tower) and I can't get the sequence to happen within the timing windows listed in the chart while tryign to do this from the base of the tower.

Anyone have any ideas? 2 sectors are fine, just the third I can't get into and need to reset.

Are you able to create a route on the Netonix to access 169.254.1.1? The radio should be accessible via this IP from the ethernet side. 

Thanks for quick response. I will try and report back. 

@jdowlr wrote:

Thanks for quick response. I will try and report back. 

Actually all ePMP radios will be accessible via this IP, so you may end up accessing one of the other radios. One way to avoid this is to disable 169.254.1.1 or change the IP on the other radios. This can be done via CLI or SNMP as follows:

Ability to disable or change  the default IP 169.254.1.1

SNMP
OID Name                                           OID                               Description
networkLanDefaultIP    .1.3.6.1.4.1.17713.21.3.4.25    Default Network IP

CLI
Change:
config set networkLanDefaultIP 169.254.1.2
config save
config apply

Disable:
config set networkLanDefaultIP 0.0.0.0
config save

config apply

I recommend changing it so you have an IP to fallback on the other radios. 

I was unable to accomplish what you suggested either way. 

I was able to easily change the IP's of the other 2 sectors, but when I went to 169.254.1.1, it kept loading the first static IP of the 2 working sectors. When I turn the POE off (on the Netonix that the sectors are connected to) it would briefly connect at 100M F, then go down within 5 seconds. It would even register an IP (briefly) but nothing more than that.

I was unable to get the CLI or SNMP to work.

@jdowlr wrote:

I was unable to accomplish what you suggested either way. 

I was able to easily change the IP's of the other 2 sectors, but when I went to 169.254.1.1, it kept loading the first static IP of the 2 working sectors. When I turn the POE off (on the Netonix that the sectors are connected to) it would briefly connect at 100M F, then go down within 5 seconds. It would even register an IP (briefly) but nothing more than that.

I was unable to get the CLI or SNMP to work.

Hi, 

Did you change the static IP under Configuration->Network page of the working radios? If so, that is not what I was suggesting. I was specifically asking you to change the default IP of the working radios. The default IP can only be changed using snmp or cli as descrbed above. If 169.254.1.1 keeps hitting the working radios, then they have not been changed. 

Please don't hesitate to contact our support engineers at https://support.cambiumnetworks.com so an engineer can work with you on this. 

Thanks,

Sriram

I opened a ticket, thanks

thanks for shaing this post… I have just followed the instructions given and my device is now on factory default. Kudos.

Sir Joe

1 Like

This procedure is actually in the user manual found on the support/ downloads website.
There is a lot of useful information in there too.