Fast Blazing Internet at 100KM! No Problem with PTP650

Cambium has a customer that wanted fiber like speed and latency in the remote British Columbia mountains. The link is 99.1 KM long and connects a luxry resort. The view is breathtaking as is the performance of the PTP650. Powered via a solar array on the mountain top and the lodge. For privacy of the customer we have blocked out the link/location name and the MAC addresses of the radios.

medium (1).jpgmedium.jpg 

9 Likes

are this radio waves dishes?

Hola,

No se logra apreciar bien la imagen, quizas es posible agrandarla o en su defecto colocar los datos obtenidos en el enlace.

Saludos.

Hi Justin,

How many WP Solar Array what you used and how many batteray for working 24 Hours/7 days

And what type adapter you used,

on picture, how many Feet or gain the the antenna?

Thanks

Wijaya

Justin, thank you for sharing your experience.

Could you share us which antenna model are you using?.

I can not appreciate in the link information image, the results that you had obtained. Do you have a better quality picture to upload?.

Thank you again!.

Wijaya,

I did not help with the solar array that was the integrator. The antenna is a 4ft HP dish (RDH4510) and it is 35.0db of gain.

@Juan Bacigalupo wrote:

Justin, thank you for sharing your experience.

Could you share us which antenna model are you using?.

I can not appreciate in the link information image, the results that you had obtained. Do you have a better quality picture to upload?.

Thank you again!.

RDH4510 is the Cambium Part number and it is 35db. Yes I can see about clearing up the image for you.

1 Like

Hi Robinson,

We are very much interested with the details on the specs for the solar pannel array and batteries to achive powering the unit 24/7.

can u please share the details with us? How many pannels,what size,how many batteries,Inverters or directly connected,charge controllers,make type etc.

Regards,

Ndausii

hi team ,

Thanks for sharing the result,upload and download seems to be in good range .Can i know the customer  usage purpose of this link video sharing,file sharing

Can you tell me if the PTP650 is obsolete? If so is there a backwards compaitble replacement?

Thanks,

@border54 wrote:

Can you tell me if the PTP650 is obsolete? If so is there a backwards compaitble replacement?

Thanks,

Hi, 

Yes, PTP 650 is now End of Sale. It has been replaced with the PTP 670. PTP 670 is fully backwards compatible with PTP 650 as long as both are running firmware version PTP 650(670)-01-45 or newer. You can find the firmware in our download page at:

PTP 670: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/ptp670/

PTP 650: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/ptp650/

Thanks,

Sriram 

1 Like

@Ndausii wrote:

Hi Robinson,

We are very much interested with the details on the specs for the solar pannel array and batteries to achive powering the unit 24/7.

can u please share the details with us? How many pannels,what size,how many batteries,Inverters or directly connected,charge controllers,make type etc.

Regards,

Ndausii

Ndausii,

Our VAR partner in the region did the solar array. We just provided the power budget figures for the radios.

2 Likes