Feature Request: Voucher generation User Only

One of the jobs often of a front desk clerk / receptionist is to generate and print WiFi vouchers. Currently you have to have Admin rights to get into the Hotspot area. 

I would suggest a special user level for only voucher access. Or maybe an App that allows this?

Thanks

Martin

Martin,
CnConcierge is an APP that fulfills your requirement. It’s supported on both Android and IOS.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Unfortunetely the App does not have enough features. 

1. There is still the issue of security. CnConcierge requires an login from an Admin or Super Admin level account. If the person using the app is given the code, they have full access to cnMaestro. 

2. It only allows the generation of 1 voucher at a time. 

Nice app but needs some work to make it useful for a receptionist / front desk clerk.

Martin

2 Likes

Bump.  I don't *think* anything has changed here and I'm just learning this aspect of cnMaestro so I could be missing this.  I have a potential customer who would want cnConcierge for the desktop site as well, in fact, they don't want front desk staff doing or seeing anything other than code generation.  Also, would it be possible to have a "notes" or numeric "id" field for generated vouchers for them to track in cnMaestro who got what code?  (For when a manager gets involved.)

2 Likes

Has anything changed with this since last year? Just starting with Cambium and the only thing letting it down is the lack of user just for voucher generation. I dont want to give front desk staff Admin Access to the Console or even Operator Access. Why is it so difficult to provide a Voucher Creation User that has no other access?

2 Likes

Is there a solution to this? It would be great if I could make a user who can only make vouchers.

cnConcierge is an APP that fulfills your requirement. It’s supported on both Android and IOS.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Hello, the APP is not suitable in our case. Don’t get me wrong, in some cases the APP is completely sufficient, but with larger corporations it only causes problems. It would be much better and clearer to have a user who can only create voucher codes. These can then be printed out or exported as PDF and you can work with them on a much larger scale. I would really appreciate such a feature

1 Like

Hi @CAM_TSK, can you imagine while you check in at an hotel, the employee switch from his/her computer to a mobile to create/manage a voucher?

Please let me ensure if I understood your requirement:

There should be a User role to generate Vouchers and take a print other than Administrator and super administrator user roles.

1 Like

Yes, this.

2 Likes

Yes that’s right. Because we don’t want this user to be able to view or change the configuration in cnMaestro. Also, it would be a lot easier to train someone with this user role to create coupon codes.

1 Like