force 130 and power by swiht poe and solar panels

and tried to give energy to a force 130 by means of a passive wish of mikrotik model rb260gsp until now I can not make it turn on, and I change the combinations of the utp threads and nothing I put in On "the port of the swicht poe that I use to give it energy and it does not work either.

Does anyone know how to make it work by swicht poe?

regards!

Are the 130's polarity agnostic like most of the 1000 and 2000 series ?  If it is then on the mikrotik you have to force the PoE on instead of auto or whatever (it's in the PoE settings on the Interface).   

I can't get the new F300-25's to power up using the mikrotik switches though so it looks like they are reverse polarity only, I wonder if this isn't the case with all their new stuff.

@brubble1 wrote:

I can't get the new F300-25's to power up using the mikrotik switches though so it looks like they are reverse polarity only, I wonder if this isn't the case with all their new stuff.

Hi.  I believe the answer from Cambium has been that the first production runs of F300's worked with the power supplies that they were shipped with (reverse poe) and that they then made a running change so that all the new Force300's are polarity agnostic now.

Cambium posted the MSN / Serial numbers which were old (reverse POE only) models.

>When the F300 product was initially released it only supported reverse polarity
>We provided (and still do) a compatible power supply with it.
>
>Reverse Polarity : PIN 4,5 ­– (Return) and PIN 7,8 + (Data)
>Straight Polarity : PIN 4,5 + (Data) and PIN 7,8 – (Return)
>The product team made a running change around May 2018 in the factory
>to support both polarities and the specification sheet was updated.
>
>Here is the how you can identify if your F300 will work with both polarities:
>Check 3rd and the 4th letters on the MSN (Serial number of the device) - E6UA02KRCLXX.
>
>If the 3rd Letter is either {V,W,X,Y,Z}
>If the 3rd letter is U and 4th letter is either {E,F,G,H,J,K,L,M}

SO - bascially - Force300 devices with older MSNs (3rd & 4th letters of UD and earlier) will support reverse polarity only, while UE and later will support both polarities.

2 Likes

Well that explains it, the 6 I have are from when they first became available.  Glad they are continuing to make them agnostic.

@sniper_113 wrote:
and tried to give energy to a force 130 by means of a passive wish of mikrotik model rb260gsp until now I can not make it turn on, and I change the combinations of the utp threads and nothing I put in On "the port of the swicht poe that I use to give it energy and it does not work either.

Does anyone know how to make it work by swicht poe?

regards!

If polarity -is- reversed, and will only work that way, on one end of your ethernet cable switch places with your blues and browns. Pins 4&5 will become your browns, and pins 7&8 will become your blues. Do this -only- on end of the ethernet cable. 

just like that I have done it and I still do not get good results. I attached the image of the scheme that my supplier's engineers gave me

We also just buy a bunch of POE crossover adaptors cables like these.  We've done this since Motorola FSK PMP100 days.  If you have some of these onhand, then a regular power supply can power Motorola stuff, or the other way around.

http://www.tycononline.com/POE-Crossover-Cable-Shielded-Cambium_p_162.html

It's 2 seconds to plug them in wherever needed, and no fuss. :)
Tycon Power POE Voltage Shielded Crossover Cable

it looks great the injector my problem is not solved at all since the force 300 has gigabit port and apparently this is only 10/100

@sniper_113 wrote:

it looks great the injector my problem is not solved at all since the force 300 has gigabit port and apparently this is only 10/100

OK - well, I guess if you're selling more than 100 Mbit full duplex packages - perhaps.  :)

There is probably a GigaBit equivalent out there - we've been buying these ones because they work for us.  Basically, all these do is just swap your blues pair and browns pair - and they leave your oranges/greens untouched.

It would be easy enough to build this with a keystone and a crimp-on end too, and have a few ready to go if you ever need them - but that's time consuming and these are just a few dollars.  For us, these work fine if we ever need to swap power supplies with a mismatched power supply - but we're not selling more than 100 Mbit packages either. Besides, all the Force300's we're getting for the last year have been power agnostic.

I'm curious to know if it is possible to reverse polarity  by just changing the ethernet pinout with Gigabit. On 10/100 the brown/blue pairs are not used for data but on Gigabit all 4 pair are used for data.  I wonder if a gigabit crossover cable would work ? Even if it did Auto-MDIX isn't supported on a lot of gigabit stuff (unlike 10/100) so it might power the unit but break ethernet.  Can you even fall back to 10/100 on a gigabit crossover ?

There is an adapter like the one linked here on Ali Express that cliam 10/100/1000 but it's pinned out exactly like the one linked here (brown and blue pairs reversed on one end).  And what appears to be the exact same adapter (as the one on Ali Express) is on Amazon and there it only claims 10/100.   I have had no luck getting gigabit to work when the brow/blue pairs are reversed so I don't believe these adapters will work if you need Gigabit ethernet.

I appreciate your comments right, in if the pair of radios force 300 that we have is a ptp that takes 160mb to a repeater and from there it is distributed to other small nodes it is important to have above the 100mb in that lin

Hi, I don’t really know the answer to that unfortunately. :slight_smile: I’m assuming somebody makes a product that is gigabit and which swaps the power pairs, but maybe not?

In our situation, we almost always use the power supply that comes with the Force300, and in our situation, all the Force300 we’re getting now are polarity agnostic anyway.

And in our situation, we don’t have any clients are set to more than a hundred megabit full duplex… 100mbit wired ethernet can carry 100bit download plus 100 mbit upload at the same time, and we don’t have customers set that high. :slight_smile:

So we really don’t run into the same limitation you are… and if we ever swap a SM and can’t also swap power supplies for some reason, then one of these XOver cables does the trick for us.

Maybe a POE splitter and an injector - maybe like these MikroTik ones? I think they make both a splitter and an injector. Maybe you can use a pair of them, and cross wire the power once its split out?

https://mikrotik.com/product/RBGPOE

I don’t know my friend… for me, if I absolutely NEEDED more than 200 mbit aggregate, and needed not to use Cambium’s supplied POE, then I’d probably sell my older Force300s and buy new Force300s which were polarity agnostic I guess. We don’t sell packages with more than 100 mbit speed on each direction, so we’ve never run into this as a problem. :slight_smile:

Err wait a minute, Force 130's only have 10/100 ethernet .    Says  "Input Voltage 24 V; uses standard passive PoE injectors at 24V. Not compatible with 29V supplies"    So....   sounds like they should run on the tiks but you're not getting gigabit no matter how you power them.  

As for our F300's we power our stuff with packetflux, I don't need to run F300's on the tiks I just know they won't power up on the tiks because I had one I was playing with and tried to power a F300 with it.