Force 180 ptp link AP keeps going offline and online in Maestro

Hi everyone,

I have a ptp link with 2 force 180 antennas where the AP keeps going offline and online in Maestro.. the SM never goes offline either..... here is the topology.

Tower ---> <-----Force 300 25 ----> r201p (this router distributes for house) -----> (back out to roof) ---> force 180 AP ---> (to out building) <----- Force 180 SM -------> Asus Router (in bridge mode)

the force 180 AP and SM  and asus router receive IPs from the r201p routers dhcp

Time lapse of it being offline on maestro is only a few minutes 

Thanks!

If you scanned unit into cnM,or hand entered units info into cnM for AP to be onboarded, you may want to hardcode your cnM credentials into the AP (type them into the AP's GUI) and reboot unit. Even if they are hardcoded, you may want to do it again, save, reboot. Many times fi the unit will not connect to cnM at all this fixes it. Your seems to be a little different, but worth the try. We still have some issues with SMs connecting to cnM even after doing the above. We never seemed to have this problem until 4x came out. Then we had, and still have, problems with 1000 series units (F180/200) reporting to cnM. We do not have this issue with 3000 series radios. We do have the slave side of a PTP 550 that will not stay connected to cnM no matter what we do. It will be up for a week, down for a month, repeat.

Thanks for the reply.. so with the issue you are facing when you say goes offline, do you lose internet conectivity or is the unit just disconnecting from Maestro server... the issue I am facing I am yet to have this customer reach out to us and say they have no internet to their shop/out building.  Will be going to site soon to see what is happening that end.  

Hi.  I scrolled back and I didn't see... what version of Firmware are you running.  We had this problem ALL the time back quite a while ago - but later versions of the firmware cleared that up for us. This wasn't just a firmware issue, it had something to do with our border firewall / bandwidth bonding device.... but it used to happen all the time for us, and Cambium firmware seemed to address it. 

1 Like

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.. so with the issue you are facing when you say goes offline, do you lose internet conectivity or is the unit just disconnecting from Maestro server... the issue I am facing I am yet to have this customer reach out to us and say they have no internet to their shop/out building.  Will be going to site soon to see what is happening that end.  

Ours never loses internet connection. I can ping the units all day long. They just will not report to cnM.

You say the SM never disconnects from cnM, so I would assume AP is not losing internet connection since SM always reports to cnM and it has to pass through the AP to do so. What you can do, is while the AP is showing offline in cnM, under the SM go to "Tools" > "Network Connectivity" and ping 8.8.8.8 or something like that. If you are able to ping an internet address, everything -should- be good. 

1 Like

@ninedd wrote:

Hi.  I scrolled back and I didn't see... what version of Firmware are you running.  We had this problem ALL the time back quite a while ago - but later versions of the firmware cleared that up for us. This wasn't just a firmware issue, it had something to do with our border firewall / bandwidth bonding device.... but it used to happen all the time for us, and Cambium firmware seemed to address it. 

Thank you for the reply!  Yes I put them at the latest firmware which worked great for a few other deloyments that were doing the same thing and now no longer do it.  I will be on site tomorrow to see whats up, thanks again!!

@CWB wrote:

@DigitalMan2020 wrote:

Ours never loses internet connection. I can ping the units all day long. They just will not report to cnM.

You say the SM never disconnects from cnM, so I would assume AP is not losing internet connection since SM always reports to cnM and it has to pass through the AP to do so. What you can do, is while the AP is showing offline in cnM, under the SM go to "Tools" > "Network Connectivity" and ping 8.8.8.8 or something like that. If you are able to ping an internet address, everything -should- be good. 

I will keep that in mind, thank you so much for your reply!!