Force 180 Registration State "Invailid Wireless"

Troubleshooting an issue with an ePMP 1000 Connectorized AP and a Force 180.

Force 180 some times fails to connect to the wireless and comes up with the registration state "Invalid Wireless". Cant seem to find anywhere that i have looked what this error message acctually means. AP authenticates users through a radius server which works fines for hundreds of other ePMPs.

Any ideas?

Also, WPA2 security is disabled. Attached was a screen grab i took of the error.

@daball wrote:

Troubleshooting an issue with an ePMP 1000 Connectorized AP and a Force 180.

Force 180 some times fails to connect to the wireless and comes up with the registration state "Invalid Wireless". Cant seem to find anywhere that i have looked what this error message acctually means. AP authenticates users through a radius server which works fines for hundreds of other ePMPs.

Any ideas?

Hi,

You can see just part of Registration State status by default.

Please extend field on UI to see full state.

I can assume that is "Rejected - Invalid Wireless Security Key".

It means wrong WPA2 Key is configured on SM side. Please double check it.

Please attach screenshots for AP and SM configuration(Configuratio->Security page and Configuration -> Radio) if you need further assistance with this.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi fedor, WPA2 security is disabled so i dont think this will be the case? I will make sure i look next time it happens.

This message type can be displayed only in case WPA2 is configured on AP side.
Let me know in case you will see it with Open Security Method.

Thank you.

AP is configured to pass auth attempts back to a RADIUS server. No WPA2 security is configured. I am thinking it may be a bug with this particular AP. 

Aside from this issue, the AP in question also has has an issue when logging into the GUI. You type username and password in, it logs in but then fails to bring up the user interface. You refresh the page and it may or may not happen again but it creates a session to the GUI (can tell this by the number of users logged in icon). If this happpens over 4 or 5 times, i get maximum number of user sessions error on the login.

Mind you, it still had another 12 SM's connected while this SM was in this state. These SM's were trouble free. This AP is also deployed at a relatively noisy telecommunications site, so there is a bit of interference around.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Could you please let me know FW version installed on your device?

Thank you.

Firmware version is - U-Boot 9342_PX 1.1.4.e (Nov 3 2016 - 16:50:32)

It is u-boot version.

Please let me know what firmware version do you see in footer on UI page.

Thank you.

Hi,

I would like to propose you to arrange remote troubleshooting session.

Could you please contact me at fedor.trutsko(at)cambiumnetwork(dot)com?

Thank you.

Hi Fedor,

This could be an option although the problem is fixed by a rebooting the the SM a few times. I could try notify you when it happens again, but obviously it would need to happen quickly as we cant leave a custoemr down for long.

Thanks.