Force 200 ePTP reboot.

Hello,

I have a ptp with a pair of force 200 running in eptp mode channel 5940 20mhz, so far all right but I needed to move from 20 mhz to 40 mhz and the slave side started restarting several times a day, returning to 20 mhz works normally.

Firmware 3.2.2 on both sides.

Distance 3.2 KM.

Hi Alex,

Could you please check whether crashlog has been saved.

Please use command in CLI:

debug crashlog

Thank you.

1 Like

Had already tried to collect the log but there were no records.

Alex,

Thank you.
We will perform additional stability tests with focus on same configuration you have.
I will keep you updated regarding results.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, No news on?

@AlexTrevisol wrote:

Hello, No news on?

Hi Alex,

We have reproduced this issue once.

It has happened only once during 72h stability test.

So we are working on it now, trying to define steps to reproduce.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you try with 3.3 Release?

How often does it happen in your network?

Thank you.

I have not tried with version 3.3, it happens several and several times a day when at 40 mhz in 20 it stays totally stable

Alex,

Could you please try with 3.3 Release.

We expect issue may be not relevant for 3.3 Release?

Thank you.

@Fedor wrote:

Alex,

Could you please try with 3.3 Release.

We expect issue may be not relevant for 3.3 Release?

Thank you.

Hi Alex, 

If 3.3 doesn't resolve it, it is most likely a defective unit. Please RMA the unit for a replacement by contacting our support engineers at: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com

Thanks,

Sriram

Hello, this same problem happens to me with a force 180 and going down to the 2.6.2 version solves the problem, so I understand it is a firmware problem. I could corroborate if this is so. Thank you.

Alex? does 2.6.2 solves the issue as well on force 200 or only on force 180?

I am thinking to swith to Mimosa as I am tired of having these issue for months and cambium doing nothing abbout it

Jorgenekah, they said its been resolved in 3.3 above. If it continues after updating to 3.3 to rma the radio

1 Like

Hello, I made update to version 3.3 but the problem continued, now the afternoon replaces the force 200 by another new apparently the problem of reboot is solved until the moment follows stable, now the new force 200 presents another problem in the interface lan that does not connect in 1 Gbps only at 100 mbs, the other unit connected at 1 gbps without problems.

Hello,

After a few days running with the new 200 force unit at 40 mhz, yesterday it restarted itself, the problem presented and much less than in the previous unit of force 200 but still happens, doubting the stability of the equipment. I believe that even the test that was conducted by the cambium in the laboratory should not have restarted once. I do not really know what to do because the reliability of the equipment leaves me very doubtful and the problem is not clear if it is in the hardware or software.

I checked now and this time it generated crashlog that follows attachment.

1 Like