Force 300-15 Rebooting At Least Once Per Day.

We are having trouble with a one of our subscriber modules rebooting at least once per day on our network without any outside interference.

I have attached a photo of our Software/Firmware version.

Has anyone had any experience with this. We have tried manually setting the port speed, any other fixes you might have would be great.

1 Like

I have forwarded this to the support and product development teams.

Have you tried 4.4-RC23?

We sent a few 300-16's back to Cambium for this exact reason. I am pretty convinced there is a hardware issue with at least some of the 300-16's.  Of the 8 we have ordered , 3 reboot at least once a day no matter what firmware we have tried. Others never reboot.  Have not yet had any issues with the 300-25 on same firmware as the 16's. 

1 Like

@Au Wireless wrote:

We sent a few 300-16's back to Cambium for this exact reason. I am pretty convinced there is a hardware issue with at least some of the 300-16's.  Of the 8 we have ordered , 3 reboot at least once a day no matter what firmware we have tried. Others never reboot.  Have not yet had any issues with the 300-25 on same firmware as the 16's. 

Chad,

We posted 4.4RC30 with a fix for this issue. Can you try it on the problem SMs? We took your bad units and a few others and confirmed the resolution.   Sakid

Sakid, thanks for the update. We returned the units that were rebooting. Our current deployed units seem solid on 4.3.2.1. I am very hesitant to run RC software in production so unless we get another one that reboots, we'll wait for 4.4 to be out for a bit.  But, I was wondering what ever was found with the units we returned... :-)

hi Sakid

we are testing the force 300 -16 with the reboot issue

current fimware -v4.3.2.1

I downloaded the Software bundle for ePMP NonGPS Synced Radio v4.4-RC23

if i try to upgrade, I get en error.

Error. Unpack failed - Damaged or wrong package format. Please ensure software package is not corrupted.

Im sure its the right firmware download?

Can you assist please.

Adrian

You are using the wrong file.

AC devices use ePMP-AC-v4.4.0-RC30.img

1 Like

@Adrian Skorpen wrote:

we are testing the force 300 -16 with the reboot issue

I downloaded the Software bundle for ePMP NonGPS Synced Radio v4.4-RC23

Hi Adrian. The two firmwares labeled 'for ePMP GPS' and 'for ePMP NonGPS' are for the 802.11n based radios (epmp1000 ePMP2000 and Force180 / 190 / 200)

For ePMP3000 and Force300 and PTP550 (802.11AC Wave2) you'll want to use the ePMP-AC firmware

ePMP-AC-v4.4.0-RC30.img            23.3 MB
1 Like

thank-you

hi
units on test seem to be more stable. I have noticed the reset counters for the soft and hard reboots don’t reset to 0, need to look into that, the total is correct.
The counters do however count correctly going forward and the total is also correct. attached screen shots.

cheers
Adrian

Are you running RC30 and suggesting that you are not seeing the reboots anymore?

1 Like

hi

that would be correct, update has fixed the issue.

all running fine now, thank-you

2 Likes